Check your rates

jlyn1216

My category (F2) is the ONLY one on our sailing that has not been dropped. :mad: Odd thing is that both the RCI site and the "other site that shall not be named" lists the other OV categories with more cabins available than the F2s. Hopeful for a drop but not counting on it. (Before someone tell me to--can't switch to an F1 as we need connectings and none are available:(--I call every 3 days or so)

Is there any rhyme or reason to this at all? I am starting to hear of price drops for the ship I am on, in the month that I am sailing but nothing for me yet. I have even seen drops for other cabins on our sailing. We do not go until Jan so there is time yet but from what I can tell (and I am a rookie at this so I may be looking at it wrong) there are a fair amount of cabins left. Any chance we may get a price drop?

I've been watching & waiting for weeks...tonight, for the first time, it's actually dropped! We sail in 9 days! I think the closer it gets to the cruise they drop prices to fill the ship.

Good luck everyone.

Just a little note. Check your rates. Just got a $493 obc for a resident rate price drop. That is a great obc.

JLYN1216,

Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner but I owe you a big debt of gratitude. I had been seeing a lot of price drops for weeks, but not for our LOS E2 Balcony. Your entry caught my eye and I said OK one more look. Thanks to you I saw our priced dropped and we have an OBC of $366! Never give up! Thanks! Gene

I'm wondering if ours will drop right after final payment which is 11/29. The January prices on the Adventure have all kinds of deals!:D

I just read a month or so ago that RCCL will honor a lower price if advertised even after final payment....up until 72 hrs before the cruise. This is great news for those that plan early and pay more just because we thought ahead. I think the 72 hr rule is fair enough. Keep checking those prices to see if they have dropped. I do believe you will have to call in to get the lower price if you see it -- and it might be in the form of shipboard credit -- but works for me if that is how they do it.

If someone knows differently, please don't hesitate to correct me on this.

I'm wondering if ours will drop right after final payment which is 11/29. The January prices on the Adventure have all kinds of deals!:D

I wish they'd start making deals on my April sailing of Adventure! I'm not holding out hope that I'll get a price drop - we're in an OS. I want to have my kids with me in the cabin for their first cruise - maybe next time I'll get 2 cabins in a lower category and then I may get a price drop! Oh well!

Ok...I am a little confused with RCL...I booked through AARP Expedia....Their prices are the same as RCL but offering a small OBC..I just spoke with them about possible price drops (I have a d1 Category for the January 11 sailing). I booked in September....they said that there is only 7 cabins available in that category, and if the price dropped I would not be eligible anyway. I told her that RCL would give onboard credits? She said absolutely not. My question is what is the point of booking with a TA? Years ago the cruise line was always more than what you could get on line. If anyone could clarify this for me I would appreciate it! Thanks!!

Ok...I am a little confused with RCL...I booked through AARP Expedia....Their prices are the same as RCL but offering a small OBC..I just spoke with them about possible price drops (I have a d1 Category for the January 11 sailing). I booked in September....they said that there is only 7 cabins available in that category, and if the price dropped I would not be eligible anyway. I told her that RCL would give onboard credits? She said absolutely not. My question is what is the point of booking with a TA? Years ago the cruise line was always more than what you could get on line. If anyone could clarify this for me I would appreciate it! Thanks!!

I would probably be the one to call RC and just ask that general question. Don't let them know you have already booked with a TA. Ask if you book with a TA are they required to contact RC about any price drops after final payment and OBC.

I tried using a TA a few times as they are trying to make a living too. I never found one that I really liked or that went out of their way for me so I now book direct with RC and if I have a question I can go right to them with it. Good luck getting that OBC if a price drop happens.

Hi there - I am new to cruising - just put a deposit with Vacations To Go.com and am just now discovering this site. Is everyone entitled to price drops? or just the ones who booked directly with RCI? I booked a guaranteed ocean view room (travelling with two boys 18 & 15) after staying in a condo for 11 days in Orlando we had to save some money lol...so how does it work? my TA said that if I get an upgrade, which could happen with guaranteed room, we would have to check the prices for that type of room for price drops. Can anyone give me guidance please.

We upgraded yesterday on our upcoming Monarch cruise from an OV on Deck 8 to a SOV on Deck 9. We paid an extra $19 pp, but that is still less than our Deck 8 OV was originally. I have been in both, and the SOV's are much roomier, so it'll be great. so for a total of $38 we upgraded. Gotta love it!

I'm a bit lost too . . . how does one "check" on a possible price drop and find out you have an OBC? We booked through a TA for our cruise on Mariner in March 2010 (grand suite). Should I be contacting the TA, RCL directly, or . . .

I just read a month or so ago that RCCL will honor a lower price if advertised even after final payment....up until 72 hrs before the cruise. This is great news for those that plan early and pay more just because we thought ahead. I think the 72 hr rule is fair enough. Keep checking those prices to see if they have dropped. I do believe you will have to call in to get the lower price if you see it -- and it might be in the form of shipboard credit -- but works for me if that is how they do it.

If someone knows differently, please don't hesitate to correct me on this.

I just got an upgrade from E2 to D1 and saved almost $500 on the cabin because of a residency rate that was offered on our 1/14 Explorer cruise. We already passed final payment deadline so I got an on-board credit. If we don't spend it all, the outstanding balance will be refunded after the cruise. I now have a good amount of onboard credit because I already had a credit that came with my cruise deposit (that isn't refundable if not used). I'd like to pre-book Portofino or some excursions but those require credit card payment in advance and wouldn't be charged against my on board credit which is a bummer.

I'm a bit lost too . . . how does one "check" on a possible price drop and find out you have an OBC? We booked through a TA for our cruise on Mariner in March 2010 (grand suite). Should I be contacting the TA, RCL directly, or . . .

I'm new to cruising - need guidance also please.....how do we check and doe we check the cruiseline's website then call TA???

Archived