Questions for the World's Biggest Cruise Ship? Ask Oasis!

Dan Askin

We've had a few FlowRider related questions ... so here's what we've found:

We did ask about this, and crew members in charge said there aren't set times yet. They aren't sure when they'll be official, so we'll have to check back. However, the FlowRiders are open every day for at least 10 hours. Yesterday they closed down at 2 p.m. (not sure what time they opened) and re-opened from 4 - 6 p.m. for boogie boarding only. Then, from 6 - 7 p.m., it was stand-up surfing.

I was told that they will have set times for advanced surfers. They do keep boogie-boarding and stand-up surfing separate -- certain hours for each. But, no, there will not be one FlowRider dedicated exclusively to surfing.

ok thanks when revenue cruising starts will someone post the schedlued times for it thnaks.

Oasis 10/09/10:cool:

From the accommodations photos on the Oasis website, it looked to me like some of the intererior cabins had the bed(s) at the end, like traditional interior cabins on other ships, while others had the beds against one side wall. Was this dependent on the class of each interior cabin? Interior Stateroom vs. Large Interior Stateroom vs. Family Interior Stateroom? And is the regular Interior Stateroom really as narrow as the pictures indicate? My husband and I were just on Freedom in a standard Interior, and these appear to be even narrower than the stateroom we had.

as long as Adam Goldstein has a say in,it,there will always be ping pong tables on the ships.:p

Ah, but that doesnt answer the part about the wind. The last cruise I was on (Caribbean Princess), there was ONE table and it was unplayable because of the wind. There was a second table but inside the kids area (off limits).

Adam told me he had nothing to do with this -- but Oasis of the Seas has the first ping pong "courts" I've ever seen. Seriously. There are two areas -- one is like the grandstand, and it's one table surrounded by a circular plexiglass wall (you can get air cause the wall doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling). It reminds me, sort of, of a squash or racquetball court but is smaller natch.

The second area has three tables, again, all enclosed. Fairly briliant idea!

These are located up on the sports deck, adjacent to the basketball court.

Ah, but that doesnt answer the part about the wind. The last cruise I was on (Caribbean Princess), there was ONE table and it was unplayable because of the wind. There was a second table but inside the kids area (off limits).

Adam told me he had nothing to do with this -- but Oasis of the Seas has the first ping pong "courts" I've ever said. Seriously. There are two areas -- one is like the grandstand, and it's one table surrounded by a circular plexiglass wall (you can get air cause the wall doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling). It reminds me, sort of, of a squash or racquetball court but is smaller natch.

The second area has three tables, again, all enclosed. Fairly briliant idea!

These are located up on the sports deck, adjacent to the basketball court.

Maybe he had nothing to do with it,but somehow I have a feeling ,he might have had a little input......after all, who else needs a grandstand around the table,unless one is going to be in tournaments :p....he sets up Presidential Ping Pong Tournaments ............had one on the LB and I bet he'll be playing on the Oasis........:D

Is this the same as what RCI is referring to as a "regular family suite"?

Are there just 2 rooms?

Thanks!

Here's the lowdown on family-friendly cabins.

The layout for these three is pretty much the same. They can all sleep up to six between the pull-out couch, the pullman bunks and the twins (converted to queen):

*Family Oceanview w/ Balcony (271 square feet; balcony, 82 square feet) has a little enclave with pullman bunks.

*Family Oceanview (271 square feet)

*Family inside (260 square feet)

Then there are the family suites, of which there are two options:

*Royal Family Suites (up to eight people):

Royal Family Suites (580 square feet; balcony, 238 square feet) have two bedrooms (two beds in each that can convert to queen), two Pullman beds, sleeper sofa, two bathrooms -- master bath with tub. The balcony has table and chairs.

*Presidential Family Suite (up to 14, must have at least 8 to book):

The Presidential Family Suite (1,142 square feet, balcony, 476 square feet) has two master bedrooms with twin beds (can convert to queen), two master baths with tubs, two bedrooms with convertible twin beds/Pullman beds (one bedroom contains bathroom with shower), sleeper sofa in the living room. There's also a "guest" bathroom with shower, balcony with a whirlpool, dining area, bar, dining room with dry bar.

We've got photos of both suites in our Oasis of the Seas cabin photos slideshow.

How long does it take to get on/off the ship, especially if is full? Are they using more than one route off the ship?

Can the ship dock at the ports that have docks or do they have to tender?

Thanks,

Denise :D

Hi Denise,

We won't know about the debarkation time/efficiency until the ship really gets in the swing of things at full capacity (we sailed with roughly 3,200 passengers; max is 6,296), so we'll withhold judgment.

To your second question, as of now, Oasis is only visiting ports where it can dock ... with one caveat, after these words: It'll kick things off with seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruises visiting St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Nassau. Then beginning in May 2010, the ship will add a seven-night ex-Fort Lauderdale Western Caribbean option stopping in Labadee (RCI's private peninsula in Haiti), Costa Maya and Cozumel; this will alternate with the Eastern Caribbean voyage.

There might be one stop where the ship will have to tender. Royal Caribbean is building a dock in Labadee, and we're trying to find out if it'll be finished in time ... the ship is scheduled to call there on December 3 as part of a four-night pre-inaugural.

Someone posted pictures from the Solarium but it looked like a big hot tub. Is that the pool? We just loved the set up of the Solarium on the Freedom and were hoping the pool was set up the same way. Can you post pictures of the entire Solarium area?

Thanks for all the info :)

Hi Catlady,

Thanks for your question. There are hot tubs and then sort of a "wading" pool, which isn't heated (not a full size pool). Here are a few Solarium shots for your viewing pleasure, courtesy of Simon Brooke-Webb on behalf of Royal Caribbean:

Oasis-Solarium-Boards.jpg

Oasis-Solarium-Boards-2.jpg

Hi Catlady,

Thanks for your question. There are hot tubs and then sort of a "wading" pool, which isn't heated (not a full size pool). Here are a few Solarium shots for your viewing pleasure, courtesy of Simon Brooke-Webb on behalf of Royal Caribbean:

Oasis-Solarium-Boards.jpg

Oasis-Solarium-Boards-2.jpg

Thanks for the amazing pictures :)

Where is that second picture in relation to the first? At first I couldn't see any structure that looked like that on the first picture, but is it the area to the far left, near the bottom, of the picture? The solarium must be pretty big!

Aww, thanks! I'm blushing!

To answer your questions, I don't offer any self-service laundry facilities, but laundry and dry-cleaning services are available for a fee. You can check out the pricing list here: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf.

Catch ya later, hot stuff! ;)

Hi Oasis,

looking good your are :p.

1,Is there any were i can do my laundry? Iam going to be on the ship for 12 days then an other 7 day on the dream.

2,Do we have to pay to do our washing? If so how much? or is there self service as well.

Thanks

Jhetin32

Archived