Diamond balcony discount and price drops

BETEP

Can you please advise me on how diamond balcony discount is handled after a price drop?

Say I book a cabin for $4000 and get $200 discount with the total of $3800.

Then price drops to $3000. Will then $200 be applied to the new price to bring a total to $2800 or will I pay $3000?

Thank you very much

Paul

Can you please advise me on how diamond balcony discount is handled after a price drop?

Say I book a cabin for $4000 and get $200 discount with the total of $3800.

Then price drops to $3000. Will then $200 be applied to the new price to bring a total to $2800 or will I pay $3000?

Thank you very much

Paul

Paul, once you're balcony discount is applied to your cruise fare and a new cruise fare is established.........it would be the new cruise fare that will reflect all the price reductions.

So, if your cruise fare becomes $3800 after balcony discount and then is reduced by $800...........your new cruise fare will be $3000. If another reduction comes along, it's the $3000 that will be reduced.

It that is incorrect........someone please correct me.

Paul, once you're balcony discount is applied to your cruise fare and a new cruise fare is established.........it would be the new cruise fare that will reflect all the price reductions.

So, if your cruise fare becomes $3800 after balcony discount and then is reduced by $800...........your new cruise fare will be $3000. If another reduction comes along, it's the $3000 that will be reduced.

It that is incorrect........someone please correct me.

This has not been my experience. I had a cruise that started at $2044, took off the $200 diamond discount, for a total of $1844. When the priced dropped to $1758, they changed the base fare and then took off the $200, total now $1558. They reduce the base fare and then take off your discount.

This has not been my experience. I had a cruise that started at $2044, took off the $200 diamond discount, for a total of $1844. When the priced dropped to $1758, they changed the base fare and then took off the $200, total now $1558. They reduce the base fare and then take off your discount.

Thanks Janice, I wasn't really sure how that worked..........but your description sounds more logical than mine does.:o

I keep forgetting "base fare".

Thank you very much - I am glad one can take advantage of the price drop and still have an extra discount.

Cheers

The price is the base price, and the discounts are the "specials" you can deduct: coupons, balcony discount, etc. You cannot combine "specials" (with a few exceptions that I can't remember), but you can always get the base price, whatever it is, and then subtract whatever "special" you are getting.

So, the web site price is what you start with (base price), and then your discounts come off of that price.

Janice's description is correct.

An example: we have a family cruise coming up in December. I booked during a sale and got a $100 obc for each cabin. I have since had several price drops (base price), and the $100 obc stays with each price for each cabin as they are reduced to reflect the new and lower price.

Diamond discount has nothing to do with base price. I have had price drops and Diamond was not affected unless I dropped down to inside or ocean view rather than the balcony. I also use savings certificates and they are processed through cruising power. Now I will tell you this, if there is a price drop and you have gotten the lower price, you need to contact CandA to make sure your balcony discount did not "fall" off. OHcruisin I wonder if that is what happened to you] Also be careful when you contact CandA to get the discount that they don't let your cabin go. That has happened to me twice. Fortunately both times I was able to get my old cabin back.

Archived