Just off the Conquest 1/9- any ?s

luv2cruise123

Cali, the Waiters did their shows 3 or 4 times during the week ............

Thanx......I can handle 3-4 nights! Sounds like you had an great time. I don't know if the salmon is prepared the same as it was on our last cruise, but, we too, thought it was excellent. I agree about Jamaica (we were there 18 years ago and it sounds the same.......I really cannot handle pushy vendors). We're probably going go to Sunset Beach or take a ship excursion in that port.

Some (2 guys) in that group did NOT like it due to the long bus and ferry ride. However, it wasn't like I didn't warn them!

We booked Trevor Hudlin in Jamaica and he took us to Sunset Beach Resort after our tour where we had lunch. He also waited oin us and took us back to the ship. He was very good.

We booked Cptn Marvins in Cozumel - some did island tour with him and 11 of us did the stingray snorkel. 4 others used nativeway at last minute - they'd had some cancellations.

In Coz we hit Paradise Beach as I wanted to pick up some more "flyers" from Tom and some shopped and some went to Mr/ Sancho's and we also went to Carlos n Charlie's.

Roy did NOT hit anything on slots this time and for the first cruise in as long as I can remember did not win either of the BJ tournaments. He did play craps and won alot on that and won on regular blackjack. Ended up slightly ahead I think.

Some (2 guys) in that group did NOT like it due to the long bus and ferry ride. However, it wasn't like I didn't warn them!

We booked Trevor Hudlin in Jamaica and he took us to Sunset Beach Resort after our tour where we had lunch. He also waited oin us and took us back to the ship. He was very good.

We booked Cptn Marvins in Cozumel - some did island tour with him and 11 of us did the stingray snorkel. 4 others used nativeway at last minute - they'd had some cancellations.

In Coz we hit Paradise Beach as I wanted to pick up some more "flyers" from Tom and some shopped and some went to Mr/ Sancho's and we also went to Carlos n Charlie's.

Roy did NOT hit anything on slots this time and for the first cruise in as long as I can remember did not win either of the BJ tournaments. He did play craps and won alot on that and won on regular blackjack. Ended up slightly ahead I think.

Hmmm I think I played Blackjack with Roy...Did you see the Oriental Family playing Blackjack, they had to drop at least 10 grand, I watched the daughter get 1000 dollars in chips several times

Thanx......I can handle 3-4 nights! Sounds like you had an great time. I don't know if the salmon is prepared the same as it was on our last cruise, but, we too, thought it was excellent. I agree about Jamaica (we were there 18 years ago and it sounds the same.......I really cannot handle pushy vendors). We're probably going go to Sunset Beach or take a ship excursion in that port.
PS No Salami at the Deli, was looking for it too, Corned Beef and Pastrami though which were fabulous and more than made up for no Salami as well as other sandwiches, rarely ate at the buffet for lunch but dont remember it there either... someone else asked about the Chocoalte Buffet which they do have Saturday Afternoon during lunch only until 230, we missed it by 15 minutes, our fault for not reading Capers more carefully

With all this rain in the upper Mid-west, the Mississippi River must be going up alot down by the gulf. Does anyone know if Conquest will be moved back to Gulf Port shortly??? I am not going ...just curious!!:D

Yes, you probably did play with Roy and yes we saw the oriental family - girl especially who was winning BIG for awhile on the craps table (Roy won his most then). Later, though someone in our group said she had lost it all. Winners have got to know when to QUIT!
The girl was playing allllllll the time and I watched her drop thousands while I played my 5 bucks a hand LOL Her Mom and Brother would join her at times too, somehow I really dont think they cared if they lost, must be nice,,,

Hi Mike,

I saw the oriental girl too. I played the fun21 game several nights and she would often bet 75 to 100 dollars a hand. That family must have really been loaded. I seemed to cringe more at loosing my five then she did at loosing a $100

Archived