Sur Mer

oldminion

We are on the December 20th Conquest cruise. This will be the first time I have been on Carnival in several years and will be my first cruise on a Conquest class ship. I have seen references to a restaurant "Sur Mer" and wondered if there is a sample menu available. Specifically, I am interested in finding out if they offer seafood that is NOT battered or coated in bread crumbs.

We are on the December 20th Conquest cruise. This will be the first time I have been on Carnival in several years and will be my first cruise on a Conquest class ship. I have seen references to a restaurant "Sur Mer" and wondered if there is a sample menu available. Specifically, I am interested in finding out if they offer seafood that is NOT battered or coated in bread crumbs.

Here is a link to a pic that I found of the menu

http://www.ronrythm.com/photogallery/Conquest%20014.jpg

We were on the Conquest a few years back, I believe the first year that it was in service, and had a great time. If Sur Mer is the seafood bar on the second floor of the luncheon area then yes, you can get some very nice choices that are not fried.

We had ceviche which was excellent, and also had bouillabiase as well. We were glad it was available because we do not care for fried seafood. We find that the fried batter completely masks the delicate flavors of any seafood.

BnB

I love the SurMer, though I will say that it can be inconsistent. I've had both bad and incredible offerings from them. Also that menu pictured isn't the only one, they often change up their offerings from day to day. I think it's well worth a try (or two).

Here's the menu for Sur Mer...

IMG_3118resized.jpg

The Bouillabaisse was excellent as was the afore mentioned Ahi and watermellon... delicious!! The Panko breaded oysters were great, as well!!!

:)

Mach, thanks for posting that. I knew you had a pic of it, but I couldn't find it..so I just googled it. Your is much better:)

Archived