CARNIVAL DREAM- 10/15/09 Med Sailing

CarnivalFan2

We were on the 3rd over-all sailing of the new CARNIVAL DREAM ("Sogno, Sogno, Sogno"), in the beautiful Mediterranean. I bought a new video camera for the trip and here is my first video;

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/marty_paul/Grand%20Med%20Cruise%20Oct%202009/?action=view&current=LivinTheDream.flv

Let me know what you think...

Marty

We were on the 3rd over-all sailing of the new CARNIVAL DREAM ("Sogno, Sogno, Sogno"), in the beautiful Mediterranean. I bought a new video camera for the trip and here is my first video;

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/marty_paul/LivinTheDream.flv

Marty

Good Job.

Marty, Thanks for the nice "overview" of the Dream.... We (6) are sailing on here 1/16/2010 and can't wait. Sailed the Splendor last year TA, also nice. I have really only 1 question at this time, how was the "Cruise Director" on your cruise??? If I have more???'s I'll get back to you. Again, Thanks for the video. Arthur:)

Marty, Thanks for the nice "overview" of the Dream.... We (6) are sailing on here 1/16/2010 and can't wait. Sailed the Splendor last year TA, also nice. I have really only 1 question at this time, how was the "Cruise Director" on your cruise??? If I have more???'s I'll get back to you. Again, Thanks for the video. Arthur:)

Thanks Arthur. Feel free to ask more questions. The CD was Todd Whitmere and I thought he did a great job. I think sometimes, he gets a bad rap. I think he's very good with the talks and a very good host. He's got alot of energy and seems to be very organized. I give him the "thumbs up".

Marty

Marty, great job on the video. We also are on the January 16, 2010 sailing. It will be our first cruise on Carnival (done 9 on RCI) but we are very much looking forward to a new experience. I appreciate seeing your video to give us a quick peak at the ship. Thank you.

Canucks4 - thank you! You'll love the Carnival Dream and don't worry about sailing in January, because the ship has many hot tubs! I highly recommend Adult Serenity with it's 2 decks, 2 hot tubs and bar! Have a "Dream" of a cruise, and who knows, maybe it will convert you from RCCL to Carnival!

Thanks again,

Marty

P.S. I just noticed you are from St. Catherines, Ontario. My fiance and I love that area (my fiance's family live in Quebec, south of Montreal). Do you know the Inn at Lock 7? We stayed there...it was awesome looking out your back door and seeing the huge ships locking through the Welland Canal! Also, we loved Niagra on the Lake. You definitely have some good wine up there!!

Wonderful video! Thank you! We are sailing on the Dream the 16th of Jan. Our 44th cruise 10 with Carnival. Can't wait to sail.

Thanks houndone! You'll love the Carnival Dream...bella nave! Carnival has a winning design here, as was shown today as they announced the order of a 3rd Dream-class ship!! Enjoy your Dream....

Marty

Must have been a lot of work to put this together. Thank you for sharing your experience. Gives us future Dreamers a taste of what's to come. Looks like you had a great time. I felt your emotions at the end when you know it's back to the real world soon!

Must have been a lot of work to put this together. Thank you for sharing your experience. Gives us future Dreamers a taste of what's to come. Looks like you had a great time. I felt your emotions at the end when you know it's back to the real world soon!

jspirit - thanks for the comments. Definitely a trip of a lifetime! I proposed to my girfriend (as you saw) during this cruise, so it is going to be hard to top this trip for the honeymoon! Thanks again...

Marty

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/marty_paul/LivinTheDream.flv

Marty

As a retired Television Cameraman I have to say you have made a good job of this, a little less waving the camera around but the overall of the movie was very good.

You made good use of that new video camera.

Heiko:)

As a retired Television Cameraman I have to say you have made a good job of this, a little less waving the camera around but the overall of the movie was very good.

You made good use of that new video camera.

Heiko:)

Heiko,

Thanks for the positive feedback. I appreciate it, especially from a retired TV camerman. I know what you are saying about the camera sweeps and after watching the result, I will endeavor to avoid/limit in the future. Also, the editing (especially sound) will improve.

Thanks again,

Marty

O.k., I believe I have corrected the problem with Photobucket. Here is the link to the video;

th_LivinTheDream.jpg

Sorry about the technical difficulty. As my first post says, my first video with a new video camera and first editing project. Let me know what you think (feedback welcome). Thanks...

Marty

Archived