Water Island Bike Trip

CarlCruisesPlus

We went to Water Island on our own, didn't do a bike trip. We loved our day there, but the roads were very steep, at least the few we were on--too steep for biking for me.

If you are used to hills, it would be beautiful; the island is very relaxed and laid-back.

We went to Water Island on our own, didn't do a bike trip. We loved our day there, but the roads were very steep, at least the few we were on--too steep for biking for me.

If you are used to hills, it would be beautiful; the island is very relaxed and laid-back.

We plan on taking the water ferry from Crown Bay to Water Island when we dock on Oasis the Dec 5 sailing. How long did it take you to walk from Phillips landing to Honeymoon Beach?

We also considered the bike tour but thought a trip over to spend time at Honeymoon beach first to check it out. I found the ship price for this excursion high for a 3 hour cycling tour. I like to book my excursions independently of the cruise line but could not for this. A coworker of mine did this earlier this year and said it was not a strenuous cycle. His wife had not ridden a bike in years and she did fine. They are early 50's

We did this in January on the Caribbean Princess. It took ten minutes,tops, to walk to Honeymoon Beach--maybe a half mile or so. You have a fairly steep hill up to the turn off, then down a very steep drive to the beach.

It wasn't bad at all; we're in our 60's and in decent shape. The beach was lovely, secluded, less than 20 people there, with crystal clear water and beautiful palms. It was a great, relaxing day.

We only went on the one short road to the beach, so maybe the rest of the roads for the bike trip would be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Are there rest rooms at the beach?

Hi again :) We went to this beach on the Oasis inaugural. I did not use the restrooms but our friends did and said they were not bad at all. I would go here again..we really enjoyed our little trip over and a couple of hours relaxing there.

Here is a photo from our trip there. We got the best photos of Oasis on the way over in the water taxi. You can check out the rest of the photos on my webshots link..start at photo #290

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2063290830092706180rBwdkB

2663507140092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived