Suberbowl Sunday On Oosterdam

CrazyforCruisin

I will be with you on that cruise. I'm wondering how they'll present it, too. That's the evening of the first sea-day on that cruise, and hence it is probably going to be a Formal Night. So ... I wonder how they'll deal with the game. Perhaps they'll have it projecting on the screen in the Queen's Lounge?

I will be with you on that cruise. I'm wondering how they'll present it, too. That's the evening of the first sea-day on that cruise, and hence it is probably going to be a Formal Night. So ... I wonder how they'll deal with the game. Perhaps they'll have it projecting on the screen in the Queen's Lounge?

I can see it now! A lounge full of formal-dressed people jumping up and down and yelling things like "Tackle the SOB"! "What's the matter with you, you are running like a girl! "Gimme another beer"! "Wow, look at the b--bs on that cheerleader" "I can see why they call him a Tight End" (thats my favorite one!) :D Have fun you guys, I am just jealous because we have to watch it at home. :(

I can see it now! A lounge full of formal-dressed people jumping up and down and yelling things like "Tackle the SOB"! "What's the matter with you, you are running like a girl! "Gimme another beer"! "Wow, look at the b--bs on that cheerleader" "I can see why they call him a Tight End" (thats my favorite one!) :D Have fun you guys, I am just jealous because we have to watch it at home. :(

We were on the Volendam during the World Series in '03, and the sports bar resembled that description! As well as, "Dinner? We'll call room service later!"

:rolleyes: -dave

Hi,

I had the same vision! My DH in his tux yelling at the big screen. LOL! I just want him to have a good time and if watching the Stuper Bowl is important than go for it. I can always climb up on the bar stool next to him in my formal and have a beer too! We have late dinner seating so maybe that will help. Hope to see you on the ship.

PS doing the Doc dance today! Whopee!

The only sports channel on their tv is ESPN Deportivos - in the "Sports Bar" as well. I sailed on her in December. Only football was that broadcast, in English, on that spanish ESPN sports channel. They would have to arrange for some type of feed for the Super Bowl.

The only sports channel on their tv is ESPN Deportivos - in the "Sports Bar" as well. I sailed on her in December. Only football was that broadcast, in English, on that spanish ESPN sports channel. They would have to arrange for some type of feed for the Super Bowl.

I believe ESPN has the non-US broadcast rights....

(That's how we got to see the World Series)

Two years ago we were on the Volendam. The game was in the movie theater complete with a buffet of hot dogs, popcorn, etc. Drinks were available. It was a great way to watch the game. Nobody went hungry or thirsty.

We fly from Canada, and board the Westerdam on February 6.

Will there be big crowds travelling through the airports that day?

We know nothing about the Superbowl - except that a few years ago our luggage was lost until 2 weeks after our return home!

Not easy.

Archived