just off equinox (cabin 9268)

margeg

Just off 11/23 Equinox

Cabin 9268, A1 balcony, aft hump cabin. Very large balcony. The bathroom was excellent, very functional, lots of drawers, shelves and space. Shower plenty large with nice glass doors

The bed was next to the balcony. It seems they alternate cabins with beds by balcony and bed next to the bathroom.

I was very disappointed with storage in the cabin. Very few drawers and the ones they did have were small. Also the closet was very awkward to access. I dont know what they were thinking. We have been on more than 7 different ships and this cabin had the least storage; I had to put most of my stuff including play clothes on hangers doubled and tripled. This was an 11 day cruise; it might have been okay for 7 days. We were 2 in the cabin. I dont know how a third would have managed.

Aside from this problem, everything else was great. This is really a beautiful ship. The food was excellent, and all the entertainment was very,very good.

The lawn club at the top was fun with easy games . The glass blowers were okay for a one time look.

Anytime dining worked out pretty well. We always got to eat at table for two pretty much whenever we wanted. We never had a wait.

I was very disappointed with storage in the cabin. Very few drawers and the ones they did have were small. Also the closet was very awkward to access. I dont know what they were thinking. We have been on more than 7 different ships and this cabin had the least storage; I had to put most of my stuff including play clothes on hangers doubled and tripled. This was an 11 day cruise; it might have been okay for 7 days. We were 2 in the cabin. I dont know how a third would have managed.

We (2 adults) were on the November 5th Equinox 14-night Transatlantic with 4 huge suitcases and found the storage to be adequate. Maybe you didn't find all the drawers and cabinets!?!?

Jill

We (2 adults) were on the November 5th Equinox 14-night Transatlantic with 4 huge suitcases and found the storage to be adequate. Maybe you didn't find all the drawers and cabinets!?!?

Jill

Hi Jill from Florida,

Lucky you 14 night trans!!! I would love to do that.

Yes, we found all the secret places including the shelves over the bed. Well, we did manage to stay organized and not have stuff laying all over, so I guess the storage was "adequate", but not more than that. Maybe I just take too many things (that's what dh says!):D

Anyway that did not spoil the wonderful time we had on board.:)

Some posters were writing about the terrible disembarcation we had. And it was awful. :( But it was just because they did not have enough customs agents working, so Im sure it was just a one time fluke. ;)

We were on the transatlantic cruise and spent a week in Tuscany before we boarded. We had alot of luggage.:rolleyes: We loved the basket with the life preservers in it. We took them out and put them way up under the head of the bed and made sure our cabin assistants knew this. I'm really short so my DH used the cabinets over the bed and the upper shelf in the closet. I used the basket. It was perfect! I could slide it in and out when I needed jerseys or sweaters and it really held a lot of things (at least one full suitcase). We had enough drawers for our "stuff" (cameras, batteries, maps, guides, etc...) since we used this method.:D

Garry

As a result of the cabin crawl that took place on Equinox on the 11/5 TA, my take away is that for some of the cabins that may have had the desgination to accomodate more than two via the sofa conversion, the access to the closets was difficult at best.

We had 4 checked bags and about 4 carry ons or 2 each and had enough room for the 14 nights onboard without issue.

But note we did not have an access issue to the closet as some others did. We were in a cabin for 2.

I agree with others that underbed storage is very important and is to be utilized.

• 7 years later...