Destiny engine problems..?? can they make it to Cozumel?

diviney87

So?

I don't pay much attention to the rags in the checkout line, either.

"Thanks for taking the time to write and yes, there were some technical problems with the Carnival Destiny which were unforeseen and took longer that we would have liked to be repaired. My sincere apologies to anyone who had their itinerary changed. I know that while many, if not, most guests accepted this some, were quite upset and that is something we never want. The good news is that since your posting the ship has had the technical concerns taken care of and she is running her published itinerary."

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/12/18/let-it-snow/

Feel free to ignore the smoke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
hello,

I'm a little worried about Destiny's ongoing engine problems. Anyone recently been on it?..is it fixed now?..if not..does anyone have any info if it will be by Feb?..or can it make it all the way out to Cozumel if not fixed??...i really am looking forward to Key West and Cozumel. when i purchased the cruise..it was a port choice and not just random ship. Finger's CROSSED!!!!! :p

any help is appreciated!!!!

We just got off the Destiny this afternoon. Left Nassau yesterday and a few minutes out of port a terrible shudder started. The captain announced that the ship had a thruster problem and we would be delayed arriving in Miami. Boy were we ever! Expected to arrive at 7am but in fact arrive at 11-30am. Not a problem if you didn't have flights booked as we all did then the problem of actually getting off, getting your luggage and a taxi - lets say 1-20pm!!!

Archived