Drink Coupon Books

Hdog76

I will be sailing dec 27 on carnival victory out of san juan. I plan on bringing on rum and some beer. As for the occasional frozen drink, or drink of the day.....would I save money by buying the drink coupon? I think its like $21.25 for 4 drinks. They cannot exceed 5.25 each. I'm thinking the frozen drinks cost more so these cant be used for them? Can anyone who has used these coupons before share with me what they were able to get with them? Thanks!

Unless I am missing something, the drink coupons don't seem like a deal at all!

For 21.25 you get 4 coupons good for a maximum value of 5.25 each.

5 x 5.25 = 21.00, so off the bat you have lost a quarter.

If you use a coupon to purchase a drink valued at less than $5.25 you have lost even more, and if you lose coupons or don't use some for some reason you will have lost more yet.

Seems to me that it would make more sense just to prepay $$ into your s&s account to cover drinks -- you will still avoid the "big bill" at the end, but won't have to keep track of tickets.

The drink coupons include the tip on the drink. So you can get the drink for the dollar amount on the coupon and not have to pay the tip it is included. You can get a drink for more then you coupon amount you just have to pay the difference and the tip on the difference. So any drink over $4.65 you save some money.

Unless I am missing something, the drink coupons don't seem like a deal at all!

For 21.25 you get 4 coupons good for a maximum value of 5.25 each.

5 x 5.25 = 21.00, so off the bat you have lost a quarter.

Math here in the Great Northwest must be different. 5.25 X 5 = 6.25 up here.

Math here in the Great Northwest must be different. 5.25 X 5 = 6.25 up here.

Wow- 3 kinds of math. 5.25x5=26.25 here in the midland. 4x 5.25=21.00. And aren't they worth 5.75? but that is any other issue. I know they include tips but I am too tired to work out the math on that one.

Also they do not expire, you can keep them and use them on your next cruise. We always get frozen drinks and never had to pay extra unless we wanted the DOD cup or glass.

THANKS!! I think thats what I was interested in........Even if it was equal, paying it now would make it like it's free in 2 weeks. (I know, say what you want, thats my ridiculous thinking).......SO If I PAY for ONE DOD with special glass, and use that for "refill" I hsould be ahead of game since the credits include tip :)

Our kids want to purchase the drink coupon books (plural) for Xmas, as our gift. We are taking two cruises, one with the Valor and the other with the Miracle. If we don't finish one book (highly unlikely!) But if we don't - can we use them from one ship to the other?

Thanks! :)

Wow- 3 kinds of math. 5.25x5=26.25 here in the midland. 4x 5.25=21.00. And aren't they worth 5.75? but that is any other issue. I know they include tips but I am too tired to work out the math on that one.

:D BUSTED too funny

The image of the coupons on the Carnival website says that they are good for drinks up to $5.25, not $5.75... That the gratuity is included does make them a better deal than I realized (also if the bartenders don't actually charge the extra)

I can also, certainly, relate to Hdog76...I too would "feel like" the drinks were free by buying the coupons in advance, and I could see how this could enhance one's vacation. (Irrational? Yes. Definitely.)

The image of the coupons on the Carnival website says that they are good for drinks up to $5.25, not $5.75... That the gratuity is included does make them a better deal than I realized (also if the bartenders don't actually charge the extra)

I can also, certainly, relate to Hdog76...I too would "feel like" the drinks were free by buying the coupons in advance, and I could see how this could enhance one's vacation. (Irrational? Yes. Definitely.)

HAHAH and I was waiting for a ton of people to mock my thinking....it's true......not rational, but true. If I buy bits here and there, while im cruising they are free......amazing how we trick our minds for our satisfaction

Archived