Seattle Hotels Near Pier 66

nanak915

Can anyone suggest any hotels within walking distance of Pier 66 in Seattle. I know the Marriott Waterfront and the Edgewater but they are a little expensive. We would like something in the $150 price range.

Those are the only two that are within walking distance. And $150 per night downtown is not too likely unless you use Priceline or Hotwire. You might find Homewood Suites or Hampton Inn/Comfort Suites for close to that if you keep checking their websites for specials, and they are within 3-4 miles.

i take it you ll be sailing a Alaskan iteninary after May of 2010..right now it looks like The Edge is starting at $309..but, i d wait and check a couple month s befor your sailing date..hopefully at the time the season will start off slow and the price s will come down..

this past May we were able to get into The Edgewater for $195 thru EasyClick by booking a month out..

i did notice alot of hotels within a 10-12 block radius of of Pier 66..the price you d pay for one of them would save you more than enough to

get a cab..

Thanks everyone. For now we have booked Homewood Suites on Pike. We have read some good reviews about it. Hopefully the prices will drop at Marriott Waterfront or the Edgewater closer to our sail date in August. We are staying one night pre-cruise and 2 nights post cruise. Any reviews of Homewood Suites from someone who has stayed there recently would be appreciated. And info on transportation to Pier 66 and airport would be greatly appreciated.

We booked the Comfort Suites on Roy St downtown for 125/night and it's reviews were pretty good. Better then the Homewood suites on Pike which wanted 200/night.

Just an FYI. The Comfort Suites on Roy are not downtown. They are on the NE fringe of the Seattle Center about 2 miles from what we consider downtown in an area called Lower Queen Anne. If you are planning on touring from there you are going to need a car, a cab or a good pair of walking shoes as to get to Pike Place Market for instance, the walk will probably take more than an hour.

Just an FYI. The Comfort Suites on Roy are not downtown. They are on the NE fringe of the Seattle Center about 2 miles from what we consider downtown in an area called Lower Queen Anne. If you are planning on touring from there you are going to need a car, a cab or a good pair of walking shoes as to get to Pike Place Market for instance, the walk will probably take more than an hour.

Yep...we have a rental car. And we are used to walking 3 miles/day ourselves for exercise so that's no biggie either.

Yep...we have a rental car. And we are used to walking 3 miles/day ourselves for exercise so that's no biggie either.

Just wanted you to know. We hate booking a hotel that the ads say is downtown and then finding out it isn't. We have had people book Seattle "downtown" hotels only to find they were near the airport some 20+ miles away. In my opinion for a hotel to bill itself as a "downtown" hotel it needs to be within a mile of the city center. We have had hotels in "downtown" Rome, "near the Vatican" which were a 45 minute bus ride away.

And you will want to use that car and have plenty of $$$ for parking as I would not want to walk through the neighborhood between downtown and that part of Queen Anne. Especially at night. And downtown parking is expensive.

The rental car is going to be an issue, if you are planning to use if for sightseeing. Parking downtown is HORRENDOUSLY expensive. Most parking garages run from $25-30 per day (business hours only, with extra charges for overnight) and there are NO in and out privileges. Street parking is about $3 per hour and very hard to come by during the day, and worse after 6:00pm when meters are not enforced again until 6:00 am. The bus is cheaper, runs frequently between the hours of 6:00 am and 1:00 am, and goes pretty much everywhere you are going to want to go.

If you are planning to sightsee outside of town (i.e. Mt. Rainier, Whidbey Island or other places not in the immediate metro area), only then would I recommend having a car.

I live across the water from Seattle, and very seldom take a car into downtown. Seattle Metro is great. Buses are free in a small downtown area, and they are low cost and frequent to and from Seattle Center, the University District, Ballard, and other areas. A car downtown is a liability, not an asset, as others have indicated.

Personally, I would not stay up on Roy in the Comfort Inn, if I could help it. I would watch for a deal at the Edgewater or other downtown hotel. I've stayed in Seattle for meetings and needed a really quiet, safe hotel.

Shuttle Express is one method of getting downtown from the airport, but I think that some hotels have their own arrangements.

Walking from Seattle Center to downtown or back is perfectly safe in the daytime. My friends and I walk from the ferry terminal (south of Pike Place) to Seattle Center, if the weather is fair. Otherwise, we have taken a bus or the monorail. I would not do it at night, unless you have a group, not just a couple.

Personally, I would not stay up on Roy in the Comfort Inn, if I could help it. I would watch for a deal at the Edgewater or other downtown hotel. I've stayed in Seattle for meetings and needed a really quiet, safe hotel.

Only problem is at the Edgewater we would need 2 rooms (5 people) and their suites which would work are 359/night OUCH and the comfort inn we can get 1 room at 125/night (I am getting laid off effective march 2010 so I need to SAVE MONEY not spend twice as much!). I'm curious what is SO bad about the Comfort Inn and Suites. Tripadvisor seems to have good reviews.

If you have any other suggestions that would hold 5 people in one room that is better then let me know.

No, Homewood Suites is not close to Space Needle, but it is close to Westlake Center( mall) where you can catch the monorail over to the Needle. Plus, Homewood suites is a lot closer to the downtown hub. There is a pretty good size free bus zone that covers most of the downtown sites.

Is the homewood suites on pike close to the space needle? That's where we want to go also and the comfort inn was pretty close?

You will be closer at the Comfort Inn to the Space Needle. But unlike what most people think, the Space Needle is not in downtown Seattle but at Seattle Center which is about 1.5 miles from downtown and other attractions like Pike Place Market.

From what I understand Homewood Suites has a shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up from certain Seattle attracations. Call the hotel and see if they do the Space Needle. Read the reviews on TripAdvisor. They have a lot of good info.

So for Homewood Suites on Pike, is it possible to walk to the market? And if it's pretty easy to get transport to the Space Needle then I may switch to it. I prefer Homewood Suites alot more and I get points with Hilton :)

Yes, it is walkable...if you Mapquest some of the addresses of the hotels, you should be able to see where things are placed...or if you google "seattle tourist sites", you should be able to get some useful info and print it out. Pike Place Market is at the very west end of Pike Street...Homewood Suites is about 10 blocks east.

Archived