All-in-one shampoo/body wash?

mehitabel

I like to travel LIGHT, especially when it comes to cosmetics and toiletries. I take lots of weekend trips for my job, too, and I'm always on the lookout for products that take up less space.

I'm having a heck of a time finding any combination shampoo/body wash products for grown women, though! I can find some products for babies and lots for men (i.e. Old Spice, Axe, etc.), but so far, nothing for ladies. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be fancy--I just don't want to smell like an infant or a dude!

Philosophy makes the best (IMHO) all in one. You can get it at QVC or Sephora. Other stores are starting to carry the line as well. It comes in dozens of scents. I use it for travel all the time.

I agree with yogi2929 and gatormama! I have tried the Philosophy all in one Body Wash/Shampoo and it is pretty good at both tasks. It smells very pleasant and feminine. I do need a bit more conditioner, though.

In a pinch I have used only shampoo as my body wash with no negative effects. I also used conditioner instead of pre-shave gel for my legs. Easy Peasy.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the Lush shower gels work fine as shampoos (I especially like the "Flying Fox") but better still, Lush makes solid shapoos in discs about 2 1/2" in diameter x 1/2 ". Some discs are even 2 for 1 with conditioner included. Lush sells (or gives away with 2 shapoo discs purchased) a tin that just fits the disc.

I took one on a 6 week around the world trip and there was enough of the bar left at the end for at least a couple more weeks. I washed my hair every day with it and my hair stayed soft and shiny despite daily swimming in pools and salt water.

Best of all, because it is solid, it can go in carry-on without having to be put in the small clear plastic bag.

You would still need a separate soap or shower gel, but you would have plently of room for it.

I've tried the Lush products before and was not at all happy with them. The solid shampoo seemed like a good idea, but it just caked in my hair, I had to wash it out with regular shampoo. I still have some of their lip balm, you need to pry it out of the tin with a fingernail, smear it on and then use a tissue to get the chunks off your lips.

Maybe I got old expired product shipped to me???

Is there something wrong with the stuff the ship provides?

Since I asked this question in the original post, I've also asked about the gel in the RCCL showers--mixed results, but I think I'm actually going to use that. Free and no space taken up in the suitcase!

Of course you will get different answers from the line specific threads. Just ask a fashion question there and see where it goes (south!). Many of the people posting there are men who just don't get it when it comes to ladies cosmetics, skin care or clothing ;)

I answered (I think) on your other thread and I was one of the few nay sayers against the ships mystery shampoo. Over here most women really care what they use on their hair and want it to look good. (Many) men just use what their wife provides for them, or what happens to be available.

You will be happier if you make the space for your own shampoo and conditioner. The Philosphy stuff is great, smells wonderful and all that, but I still use what I am used to at home. My husband is a mens hair stylist and thankfully cares as much as I do about what he uses on his own hair and skin.

Since I asked this question in the original post, I've also asked about the gel in the RCCL showers--mixed results, but I think I'm actually going to use that. Free and no space taken up in the suitcase!

You may be very sorry for making that choice!!!!!

If you are doing a week cruise get or make travel sizes of your products. The generic stuff can be very drying.

I asked because I've never had any trouble with the ship-provided stuff. I bring my own gel/mousse and facial moisturizer, but the body stuff works fine for me. I just use the body lotion in the Carnival baskets. I can put up with dry skin for a week.

Archived