AquaTheatre - Is it working yet?

MrPete

I read somewhere there were some issues, but can't find any threads. :confused:

During the TA crossing due to 2 weather conditions, the divers/performers weren't able to rehearse, therefore they weren't able to perform their shows until the Dec 1st & 5th sailings.

So, yes, they had aqua theater shows (inclusive of diving and water fountain displays) during the both revenue sailings...the aqua theater is a really nice area/feature. :cool::D

There are/were "many" more issues than just the loss of a couple days rehearsal time. On the 12/1 cruise we got an abbreviated 20 minute show (about half of it). They now have technical issues with the underwater equipment which creates a safety hazard. I heard the new parts will take up to two weeks to be received and installed.

We are just off the inaugural sailing. There are many issues plaguing the aquatheater shows.

We got to see the FULL Oasis of Dreams show on the first night of our sailing, including the dives from the very highest dive platforms. Then the next day or the day after a safety sensor broke in the pool which indicates what level the platforms are at, so they are no longer doing any high dives until the part for that comes in. Ken Rush said it should be delivered by this weeks cruise.

Second, we heard from some of the entertainment staff that the director for the Aquatheater quit on the spot I think after the crossing from Finland, so there is no one really leading the direction for the Aquatheater shows. So even though we saw the full version of the show, I guess they were saying that even that wasn't what the full show was supposed to be like since the cast has no direction.

Time will tell what happens...

We are just off the inaugural sailing. There are many issues plaguing the aquatheater shows.

We got to see the FULL Oasis of Dreams show on the first night of our sailing, including the dives from the very highest dive platforms. Then the next day or the day after a safety sensor broke in the pool which indicates what level the platforms are at, so they are no longer doing any high dives until the part for that comes in. Ken Rush said it should be delivered by this weeks cruise.

Second, we heard from some of the entertainment staff that the director for the Aquatheater quit on the spot I think after the crossing from Finland, so there is no one really leading the direction for the Aquatheater shows. So even though we saw the full version of the show, I guess they were saying that even that wasn't what the full show was supposed to be like since the cast has no direction.

Time will tell what happens...

The Director did NOT quit. Royal Caribbean Productions replaced him with a lesser talent when the VP of Entertainment, as well as the CD, insisted he talk the cast into doing the show in an unsafe environment. The Director, being from Cirque's O and Le Reve knew how dangerous the situation was and refused to put the cast in danger.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I had heard they were not doing full fledged shows yet. Don't remember the timeline.

Still looking.

Hopefully everything will be fully operational soon and by the time u sail.

When's your sail date on this awesome ship?:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I just returned from the Jan 2 sailing and the show was amazing. Very talented performers with two divers jumping from the top of the platform 17 meters above the pool at one point in the show. Nice story for the show and very well done by all performers and special effects technicians.

Pete here is a clear answer for you, yes the Aqua show is in full production, over the weeks I was onboard I saw it develope from a taster show without costumes, to a fully fledged extravaganza. I am sure that certain aspects of the show might change over the next few months as they realise what works well and what can be added to, but at this time it is an amazing show. The producers and cast deserve full credit for one of the most amazing shows ever to be seen at sea.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I had heard they were not doing full fledged shows yet. Don't remember the timeline.

Still looking.

Pete here is a clear answer for you, yes the Aqua show is in full production, over the weeks I was onboard I saw it develope from a taster show without costumes, to a fully fledged extravaganza. I am sure that certain aspects of the show might change over the next few months as they realise what works well and what can be added to, but at this time it is an amazing show. The producers and cast deserve full credit for one of the most amazing shows ever to be seen at sea.

Actually no...the show as it was intended and created still has 4 other scenes yet to be installed. The running time is 45 minutes. If it's not 45, then it's not the full show.

Archived