Voyager With 1 Engine Down

Maracamama

Not really. We had a great day in San Juan, and there was a major lifeboat drill for the staff. Wasn't aware of engine repairs, but perhaps they have been done, certainly no announcement to that effect.

Weather has been quite calm since our first day out of Rio really.

Continuing to have a great time, now I just have to find a way to spent $250 of shipboard credits within the next day and a half. Some will go to my facial this afternoon!

Nice to hear from you, Wendy, and glad you are having a great time.

As we did not always go ashore in ports (because of mobility problems), we noticed these staff lifeboat drills which are taken very seriously and frequently. It gives some reassurance in case problems arise.

fyi, here is an email I just rcvd from Mark Conroy outlining engine problem with

Voyager and plan to fix (guess they fixed it already).

One of the 4 main generators started to over speed and would not synchronize with the other generators. They change the governor and that did not help so they shut it down to avoid major damage.

A tech is flying to San Juan and it should be repaired there.

It normally would not be a problem because the ship can make 18 knots on three gen-sets. Unfortunately the leg between Barbados to Antigua required around 19.5 knots so we lost what was already a short call in Antigua.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Mark

Mark S. Conroy │ President

Regent Seven Seas Cruises │ 1000 Corporate Drive, Suite 500, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334

Wes,

Thanks for sharing that note. It certainly does not sound like a lethal problem. However, I would really like to learn whether it has been fixed as anticipated. Hopefully someone on board will know. Since those on baord are heading for home, I don't think that continuing engine problems would affect them but they could impact ports for upcoming cruises. Paula

Wes,

Thanks for sharing that note. It certainly does not sound like a lethal problem. However, I would really like to learn whether it has been fixed as anticipated. Hopefully someone on board will know. Since those on baord are heading for home, I don't think that continuing engine problems would affect them but they could impact ports for upcoming cruises. Paula

From what I'm hearing from the ship, the passengers are totally unaware of what is going on (and, they are having such a great time, they don't seem to care:-) They knew that the ship was leaving Puerto Rico on schedule, have no idea that there was flooding in some suites on deck 8. . . . . As Tim Rubacky reported, this isn't suppose to have an effect on future cruises. It looks like we'll have to wait and see what happens when they arrive in Ft. Lauderdale.:confused:

Archived