Beware of Balcony!

somogirl

One time on a transatlantic cruise, a big white bird flew in our cabin! Scared me to death!! :eek::eek:

The cabin steward came and caught it and let it go - we laugh about it now.

Donna

It could have been worse. It could have been a stork.

With Princess ships, you do not need a bungee cord. For Carnival and HAL, you do, but Princess ships have a slider that locks in place wherever you want it. No slamming shut or sliding closed when you don't want it to.

Aft cabins are famous for providing terrific views for the ship that docks right behind you. Usually, the crew on the bridge, the forward-facing cabins and passengers out on deck have a great view of your cabin if you leave your cabin door open.

Carnival has signs in the cabins and in their daily Capers to not leave balcony doors open. It's a fire hazard and also affects the air conditioning for your cabin and others on the same circuit.

well on a recent cruise, our neighbour was a cigar smoker...now we are nonsmokers. so he was out each afternoon on his balconey enjoying a cigar, and not once did we say anything to him about this. he paid for his cabin just as we had ours. But our 5 yr old happen to walk out onto the balconey and said.."eww is that smoke"

we replied "yes" to which she said " are you allowed to do that"

and before we could even reply snarky from next door we hear "YES"

way to teach the child patience! We had every intention of telling her that yes indeed the person could, and that if she didn't like it she could go back into the room. I guess I don't understand why he felt it necassary to be rude about it. We didn't complain, nor were we going to...and frankly she is a small child who is bound to ask questions.

well on a recent cruise, our neighbour was a cigar smoker...now we are nonsmokers. so he was out each afternoon on his balconey enjoying a cigar, and not once did we say anything to him about this. he paid for his cabin just as we had ours. But our 5 yr old happen to walk out onto the balconey and said.."eww is that smoke"

we replied "yes" to which she said " are you allowed to do that"

and before we could even reply snarky from next door we hear "YES"

way to teach the child patience! We had every intention of telling her that yes indeed the person could, and that if she didn't like it she could go back into the room. I guess I don't understand why he felt it necassary to be rude about it. We didn't complain, nor were we going to...and frankly she is a small child who is bound to ask questions.

What does smoking have to do with the OP's post??

One night on my recent Star cruise, I was on my balcony talking with a friend at about 11:00 PM. Suddenly someone shouted "Can you keep it down over there?!" I was suprised that someone would have their door open while sleeping because of the A/C. Who was in the right here? Should I be able to use my balcony at night or should the other folks have the right to quiet with their door open?

Rick

Let's go with both...you have the right to use your balcony and they have the right to keep their door open. However, when you open the door and intentionally compromise the A/C and noise reduction of the cabin you take what you get, bugs, noise, rain, whatever. So at that point if something is bothering you, close the door, or live with it.

Archived