FV Cabin Pics, FV/Aft CC Veranda

canderson

We sailed in March 2005 in a corner FV (Cabin 7199) and preferred its balcony over that of an interior FV. Although the aft part of the corner FV balcony (which is the bathtub shaped portion that sticks out further aft than the interior FV balconies) has a solid metal railing, on the long side of the corner FV balcony there are just rails, so you get a wonderful view of the water or land to the side. You also get this view of the water to the side from inside the sitting area of the cabin. And you can stand at the side railing and look all the way to the front of the ship, since the side of the corner FV balcony sticks out about a foot past the side of the ship.

And as said above, on deck 7, there is also a large clear panel (close to 3 feet wide) in the aft metal railing. (I believe that on deck 8 the corner FV balconies have a narrower clear panel in the aft metal railing. I don't think there is any panel, or a very narrow panel on deck 9.) You can sit right in front of the panel and get a beautiful view of the wake behind the ship. The panel also adds to the view from the rest of the balcony. And when standing or sitting in the bathtub part of the balcony, you can see all the way across the rear of the ship, in addition to seeing all the way down the side of the ship towards the front of the ship.

I initially worried about our children standing at the open railing on the side of the FV corner balcony if it opened right out over the ocean. However, the penthouse balcony below sticks out about 4-6 feet further on the side of the ship than the coner FV balcony does. So, the railings just open out over that balcony below.

I also liked that the corner FV balcony was open and light and airy since it was open to the sea all down the side. To me, the interior FV balconies have somewhat of a tunnel effect, since they are long and with walls down both sides. And the interior FV balconies are definitely darker, without the open air feeling of the corner FV balconies.

And yes you can sleep on the wonderful padded loungers. Our cabin had four of them. Several nights I actually slept out on the balcony on the loungers overlooking the water through the side railing. Just loved it. Most of the balcony is covered. And unlike the balcony covering on deck 9, the roof is solid with no possiblity of water seeping through.

There was no dining table on the balcony, just a green square folding card table. The steward told me that since the regular aft cabins became cc they use the tables there and the family cabins don't get a dining table anymore. He said he had to search around and find the card table for our cabin. There were also only two chairs for the table. However, our steward did give us a bouquet of flowers for our cabin which are normally only for the cc cabins.

As we sailed with our two children for 11 nights, having the extra closet in the corner FV was a big plus for us. And having the extra floor space in the area in front of the closets was nice too when dressing. And yes, the dresser is about twice as long in the corner FV and that was also a plus.

After cruising in a corner FV, it will be hard to cruise any other way again (except a large suite!). That balcony was like paradise. And the spacious cabin was wonderful. There is no way you could ever fill half the storage areas.

I'm booked on the Summit cabin 6135 and my brother and wife is in 6136. The are the CC cabins inbetween the suites so the balcony looks twice the size of a normal CC cabin, Does anyone know if they compare to the balcony sizes for the AFT CC cabins?

We had 8166 on Millenium going through the Panama Canal, and it was fabulous. I almost wanted to stay in the cabin, on the veranda more than I wanted to go up by the pool. The little hallway made suitcase storage a breeze, and we welcomed the additional closet space. While we would do an aft cabin again in a minute, the corner cabin was just the best.

We had reserved an aft cabin, and kept checking both the Celebrity web site and Travelocity, and, one day, a corner cabine became available, and we snatched it up

Archived