cigarettes still for sale in gift shop?

ameliaw

Now,Now. Be nice! as a fellow smoker, trust me, we KNOW the risk. The OP was asking a question,and its one I was interested in knowing the answer to as well. I was on the fence about taking some with me or if its cheaper onboard. Looks like,as of today anyway, its cheaper to buy them on the ship!

Thanks OP for your question.

We were on the Fantasy last week, and in the liquor shop onboard, cigarettes were 2/49.00 or 1/27.00 (up from our Fasination cruise in May)

In the Duty Free port shop in Cozumel, they were 26.00 per carton

Hope this helps.

They may be cheap, but they are not made in the US. The ones I bought on the Conquest and the EOS were made in Switzerland. I deveoped a bad cough until I got back and bought some made in the US. Bought some in Barbados for $10 a carton that were made in South America and the same thing happened. Now I bring my own and only buy if I run out.

I've been buying cigarettes for my friends ( I do not smoke) for years and they always beg me to buy more. Perhaps the "coughing" you get is from SMOKING!!! (;)) It does not really matter where they are made. For example Marlboro's are Marboro's no matter if they are made in Switzerland or U.S.

I've been buying cigarettes for my friends ( I do not smoke) for years and they always beg me to buy more. Perhaps the "coughing" you get is from SMOKING!!! (;)) It does not really matter where they are made. For example Marlboro's are Marboro's no matter if they are made in Switzerland or U.S.

The tobacco companies often use a lower grade tobacco for the ones they manufacture overseas so they aren't always the same. The ones we've purchased in the Carnival shops have always been US made at least for the marlboro products.

As for the coughing, I would have thought the same as you until DH and I switched to American Spirits a year or so ago. (Still trying to quit but haven't made it yet!) The American Spirits are all natural - just tobacco & paper without all the thousands of added chemincals and accelerants the big name brands use. No more smoker cough. Gone. I'm not saying they are healthy, but it makes you wonder what exactly those extra chemicals do. I've also noticed I can't smoke a normal brand anymore like a Marlboro or Camel without becoming dizzy.

Super!

And if you plan it right and have a US port stop on your cruise, you can take your smokies to the post office, stuff them into a flat rate box, and mail them home skipping the customs gestapo at your debarkation port.

P.S. Save the flames CC do-gooders as I do not care that this is breaking the law. You do what you want. I'll keep doing what I want.:D

specifically on the legend. thanks in advance, amelia

My Fiance also smokes and he always bought Malboro's onboard during past cruise's, we will be on Dream 2-27-2010 and Malboro has recently added a chemical/fire retardant (FSC)

Fire Safe Cigarette that gives him a headache. Has anyone bought smokes recently that

knows if those sold on-board:) contain this product or marking FSC located next to bar code?

"yes I know he should just quit..Please don't bash me for asking, And Thanks"

Archived