Don't order flowers on Costa

WK-Orlando

Wanted to drop this note to warn people not to order flowers on Costa.

Just got off Atlantica... Order flowers before the trip for my wife. A dozen roses ordered off of a catalog of gifts. The picture was a nice arrangement in a vase...

What we got were a dozen kinda poor roses, each in a plasitc sleeve and stuck in a cheap glass vase (more like a jar) full of ice water. Looked like a low end 7-11 counter top holder for buying single roses... no arrangement, nothing but the flowers in plastic. not even a ribbon around the vase or anything. Really looked like they pulled it off the counter of a quickie mart.

When I asked what gives, I was told they do not have any on-board floral services and that the flowers are delivered bulk to the ship and this is all they can do. I asked about the picture in the gift catalog and the gal at the counter said she understands and goes through this almost ever cruise. No refund or credit back for the trash they sent my wife either.

Have to say this was the worst single issue on the trip. The ship was great and the staff (except for the photogs and confused art sales gal) where very nice. All in all a great trip.

Anyhow. Thought I would put this up before anyone else wastes money ordering flowers to be delivered on board. Most ships seem to have someone that can make a flower arrangement. Really suprised when they told me that service is not really offered on Costa.

I always thought Italians were more into the Amoray (sp?) than that!

Oh well.

(ps. skip the chocolates on the gift catalog as well) very small boxes of very expensive chocolates that do not taste very good. Hit the store on the way to the ship and save the money.)

I must agree with WK-Orlando twice have purchased a Bouquet for the wife as an Anniversary gift and they have been poor, with no offer of any refund or reduction of cost.

Overall the pre-cruise gifts are not worth buying. Costa could do a lot better than this for their customers.

Don't have the number at hand but have to say around $50.

Was the strangest thing. I have ordered flowers on Carnival, Princes, NCL and RCL over the years and gotten very nice stuff. This was very strange. Considering the number of romantic occations people cruise for, I would think floral services would be a given for cruising... First time I encountered a cruise without... Carnival even had an on-board formal shop with a florist that had a nice selection and could have custom packages made up, inventory permitting....

Culture issue? Not sure. The ship really had the worst selection of 'merchandise' I have ever seen on a ship. Shops, art, liqure, photos... all very substandard and 'cheep'

We had a very nice cruise in terms of staff, food, etc... I posted a note re the fact that they made no money off us because there was nothing to spend money on...

Archived