What changes do you think there should be to Allure

Well the good is outweighing the bad by a mile here on CC for this ship and every other site that I have read. Seems that RCI is/has worked out most of the issues. Of course some of us do not go around looking for the negatives.:rolleyes:

I didn't start the thread or make those comments - i'm just pointing out all is not rosey onboard.

jj.......

Am I the only one who misses having the gym and spa near the top of the ship in close proximity to the Solarium? On Oasis, the gym and spa are on decks 5 and 6 forward with much less spectacular views while the children's areas are on deck 14 forward, directly below the Solarium.

PS - the very best views can be found on deck 14 forward. Go to Adventure Ocean and head outside for access to the areas over the wing bridge. I actually feel for those who have booked rooms on deck 14 way forward portside. The access to the outside deck is by the narrow passageway to their cabins. That hallway was constantly busy as we arrived and left each port.

I also agree with the outlet issue and the poor quality of PA announcements (not that I want them in my cabin but you could barely make out the captain's noon report wherever we were on the ship.

The other thing we would have liked to see was a quiet late night bar. Baleros and Dazzle are beautiful, but noisy. The only late night bars (after 1-2 am) we could find were at Baleros, Dazzles, and the disco. Other locations such as the Viking Crown seemed to close early.

FYI - On the Christmas sailing they did show movies in the aqua theater on nights that there was no show

Other than that - we loved Oasis - we are re-booked for April!

Redo the PA system. They are impossible to understand in CP and BW. The one day I was sitting in the Aquatheater watching Ken's live show and I could understand him fine from the speakers. Then he stopped for the captains noon announcement which came out of separate megaphone speakers that were too quiet and way too distorted to understand. When it ended things went back to Ken on the good speakers. If those good speakers are for outdoor use why can't they be used for the PA system announcements in BW and CP?

The Park Cafe needs to be reorganized. It was a great venue to go eat for breakfast and had great food for lunch but one major flaw. The venue has four lines and only three counters. They have the salad counter with it's line, the desert counter with it's line, and then the main counter with a line in each direction. One of the lines orders food and fresh meat sandwiches while the other orders Panini sandwiches. Both of those lines head from either end towards the middle. Unfortunately when those paninis are ready they are placed on the counter in the middle for a waiter to come over and bring them out to the customer. While sitting their though the non panini line often doesn't know what those sandwiches are for and takes them. While I was their I waited forever to get a sandwich only to eventually have to ask and find out it disappeared. Other people had the same problem. They need another area to send the sandwiches out where people will not randomly swipe them.

Just back from Jan 02 sailing. There is a make shift cigar bar on deck 17 between solarium and the main pool. The bartender told that they will try it there because the bar is always empty. It was supposed to be reserved for the crew. On our cruise this place was reserved for gold members. Hope it helps.

Relocate the Future Cruise Sales office (D-6); currently, it's adjacent to the Schooner Bar and a real inconveniece to people standing in near-endless lines to place a deposit/book a future cruise and causes huge congestion for people entering and exiting this bar. A real mess and safety issue.

My wife and I did the second sailing on the Oasis in Dec. here is my changes I will do my best to make them constructive observations and not complaints.

Also sorry for any repeats I didn't read every post :o

Do something about the wind in central park, some of the trees were ripping out of the ground, I am not sure how they will survive.

Don't assign Ken Rush (sp?) to the Allure.

Make sure the windows don't leak before leaving the ship yard.

Would it be possible to get a new menu? It was the same menu as we had on our last RCL cruise in Jan 09 (we asked and they said all ships are basically the same)

I would dump some of the shops on the boardwalk. Do people really buy 5K paintings on a cruise ship?

Probably my biggest improvement would be to work on a much better method of getting everyone off the ship. Not sure where allure will sail from but I have never seen a worse disembarking. Someone eventually will get hurt going down the stairs. (long story)

My wife complained about the sauna but I don't use it so not a big deal to me.

Is it possible to get more seating in the windjammer?

Install the moving floors so I don't have to walk, I never walked so much in my life. Didn't need to use the track.

More outlets in the cabin, I have a razor, camera, and 2 cell phones it would have been nice to plug all of them in at same time.

More comfortably balcony chairs.

Dump the whole reservation system. Dumbest thing I ever seen. 3/4 of the shows didn't require it as they were less then half full and the 1 or two times they were full we had to stand and wait, guess what? Turns out they weren't full anyways so stud around for nothing. I am on vacation I hate having to plan out 3 months ahead what I want to do on a particular night (just a note I don't think the ship was full, we heard all sort of numbers from 3500 to 5500 my guess 4500 so it might be different for another cruise)

The shows were great I hope they keep up the quality but I fear if we do Oasis again they will go down hill seems like a logical budget cut.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I am just off Oasis (Jan 9th sailing) and at the loyalty event, captain Bill mentioned that between Oasis and Allure they have already introduced 5,000 changes. He said that counts everything from the smallest design change, to the biggest one.

Hi Liz,

The only thing that would help the closet issue, is to do away with the sliding doors, they simply do not work. The wardrobes are 2 inches to shallow, so the doors crush the cloths, they must simply re-introduce the older style double hinged doors. That would be much better.

I was just looking at my Oasis photos, in particular my stateroom(D8)...and I wondered...if they made the sofa smaller would that help with the closet?

I have to agree with regard to the bedside tables...I really missed the drawers. :(

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I am just off Oasis (Jan 9th sailing) and at the loyalty event, captain Bill mentioned that between Oasis and Allure they have already introduced 5,000 changes. He said that counts everything from the smallest design change, to the biggest one.

Ok that is good to know but do we know what those changes are or is just to soon to tell. Thanks

Archived