ROLL CALL: Celebrity Equinox 10/18/2010 Pied Piper

Bayotter

Hello nnjcruiseguys,

I look forward to meeting you on board. According to Pied Piper official policy, you aren't allowed to attend any official PP events, such as private cocktail parties or tours, nor will you be permitted to sit at any PP table in the dining room. However, you will most likely end up meeting all of us, as the PP group usually meets informally in one of the cocktail lounges prior to dinner. We are primarily at late seating.

Also, look by the pursor's desk for group postings, and you will usually see a "Friends of Dorothy", or LGBT informal meet up with times and location posted. Often, it is the same place the PP group meets before dinner.

And you can always use gaydar!

Jamie

Celebrity allows you to transfer to a travel agent, prior to final payment, if the booking was made directly with them. There's a specific form you use and fax back to them. After final payment, it's not transferable, so you are very near deadline for this.

I've done that several times - unless the group rate is lower at the time I'm booking, I like to make an independent reservation, watch the prices myself, and transfer if I'm going to.

Yes, if PP has a group on board, their price has been either lower than or within a couple dollars of the current rate. For this trip, at the time I booked, it was well over $1000 less expensive to book the cabin with PP than with Celebrity.

On cruises where they don't have a group, it's always been exactly what's available with Celebrity. There are a couple agencies (the really big names) that can arrange extra benefits on individual bookings, but it's getting harder all the time to find a pricing difference.

Hi Jamie
Hi John

Brian here. I was 1 one of the orig 20 that signed up for this cruise on last fall's PP north Atlantic crossing. What a great group! I'm onboard with 3 GM friends and will also be in Rome 2 days B4. Looking forward to meeting some new folks and reconnecting with others.

Brian

Hi Guys

The only match I had was the PPiper - Sicily MY26. I am going with that.

Nothing for me for Naples. On ship.

Corfu - CG06 - 5 villages $117 (the most stunning scenic views of this great island)
(being of Greek descent, would recommend this)
===> anyone else ?

Israel - Grand Overland - Double Occupancy - anyone willing to do a roomshare on this ?? (need this complete pilgrimmage). get to go, if interested, but less expensive, and single is not available I am told. PLSE ADVISE.

Egypt - Cairo Overland - Double Occupancy - anyone willing to do a roomshare on this ?? Saves us both money on a very very popular excursion. PLSE ADVISE.

So, cant wait to see your Lists guys...

And, also seeing if anyone wants to roommshare in 2 countries.

Cheers all !

William.

Was thinking of aug 17 stay at the hotel...and sharing trip from hotel to port on aug 18....

Anyone else...?

Thanks.

[quote name='Bayotter']Hi William, JohnnyT and fellow Travelers,

I will be arriving in Rome on October 14, so I will be 4 nights at the Montecarlo. I would be happy to share a transfer, but I don't think anyone else is arriving that early? Although I wanted to spend a few nights in Rome, the date was determined by business class award availability with British Airways. The things I do for a comfortable flight! -lol[/quote]

Hi John

Definitely interested in finding out more.

PP virgin here.

Thanks.

William.

[quote name='johhnnyt']Look forward to seeing you again soon Brian. Going to try and see if I can get us another bridge tour, and trying to work a deal for Egypt as well.
John[/quote]

Thanks for info on transfers.

Looking forward to meeting you guys pre cruise for dinner at Montecarlo Hotel.

Like you, I will be leaving for the airport after the cruise (no post cruise extension, just one night pre cruise)

[quote name='johhnnyt']I do hope BA runs a sale before the trip as I love there new business class pods. I know on their flights from NY they actually set up a full buffet before you get on the plane.
I did get a quote back from the car service I used before (3 years ago) and prices were up about 30%, so I think I'll check around and see what some others will charge.
October 17th FCO drive to Montecarlo hotel in Rome : 70E
October 18th Montecarlo Hotel to Civitavecchia port: 160E
October 31st Civitavecchia port to FCO airport: 160E
Like William said, be nice to have dinner together pre-cruise[/quote]

Hey Jamie

I hope you as well as your family have a great time on the cruise !!!

I am only bringing myself (this time)...

Cheers

William.

[quote name='Bayotter']I am traveling with my parents, so not really able to offer shared transfers to the ship as we will be transported by a sedan that only allows up to 3 people plus luggage. Otherwise, I would certainly have suggested a share to split the cost. On the return, I think we will be just using the ship transfers. Our flight to London is not until about 3 in the afternoon, but I still would rather not risk a car and driver not showing up on time. (It has happened before!)

Dinner definitely the night before departure, but just us guys (and any others in the group that would like to meet us at the Montecarlo.) My folks will be fine on their own that night.

Any of you traveling with any straight friends, sisters, brothers, parents etc? This is my parents third Pied Piper cruise, but I have been on many more, with a few guests bringing along non-LGBT friends and family.

Jamie[/quote]

Would be willing to share Romelimotours with you and a few others ...plse pass details....

Hey Bri...thx for the input on these guys.

It seems the PP group is quite close, and large at times.

I look forward to meeting you guys..remember PP virgin, Canadian, only 2nd cruise ever.

william

[quote name='johhnnyt']I'll give them (romelimotours) a try and compare, thanks for the suggestion. I'm probably coming back the same day of that the cruise ends, since I'll be spending a few days in London, prior to the cruise.
I know the CEO of celebrity a bit and last year he was nice enough to allow me to bring about 15 people up on the bridge for a sail away from one of the ports, where the captain and the pilot explained what was going on. I contacted him recently on an unrelated matter, and think can get a few perks again this trip.
Starting to get excited only about two months to go.[/quote]

V

Good to hear. Always looking for value in expensive cruises.

This will be a good trip for me to experience the PP quality difference with a gay group on a mainstream cruise. Hope and expect it is fab...

Atlantis was fun last year for what people expect from it. Would do them again. Met Rich, their President, chatted a few times. Loved the Baltic and what Atlantis did with it. But paid quite a bit to experience all this.

That is one reason I am trying the PP route this time.

William.

[quote name='vivavino']Yes, if PP has a group on board, their price has been either lower than or within a couple dollars of the current rate. For this trip, at the time I booked, it was well over $1000 less expensive to book the cabin with PP than with Celebrity.

On cruises where they don't have a group, it's always been exactly what's available with Celebrity. There are a couple agencies (the really big names) that can arrange extra benefits on individual bookings, but it's getting harder all the time to find a pricing difference.[/quote]

Hi Brian

I think we connected through another site.
We had a good exchange of emails and know a bit more about each other.

Welcome to this Site and Forum.

Your Crossing must have been great for 20 of you pivot to automatically generate the minimum number to get our PP Host. Thanks for all that.
Your Group sounds inclusive and fun. Looking forward to meeting "the 20".

Look forward to seeing you, specifically, in this context.

All the best,

William.

[quote name='bjscott']Hi Jamie
Hi John

Brian here. I was 1 one of the orig 20 that signed up for this cruise on last fall's PP north Atlantic crossing. What a great group! I'm onboard with 3 GM friends and will also be in Rome 2 days B4. Looking forward to meeting some new folks and reconnecting with others.

Brian[/quote]

[quote name='will_greek']Was thinking of aug 17 stay at the hotel...and sharing trip from hotel to port on aug 18....

Anyone else...?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking of doing the same thing as get in from LHR---->FCO on the 17th

William
Romelimostours is great. I just used them again in July and am using them again in October.
There are 6 of us (only 2 PP). You are welcome to join us but 4 of us will be at the hotel and picking up 2 at the airport on the way to the cruise so we are not going to be getting to the ship too early...though in plenty of time.
There is room fo 7 as we have done 7 to the ship with them before.

If you are looking to go earlier, I am sure there are plenty who would share a ride...it is much less splitting the ride among 4 or more than footing it alone :)

Delta was sweet to me today, so got First class to the UK, and same on Alitalia on the way going home. Flying Czech airlines from UK--->FCO on the 17th. Reservation is confirmed at the Montecarlo in Rome for the 17th.
That Romelimotours looks good, the quote she gave me was Rome to Civitavecchia port: 150 euro up to 4 people, 170 euro up to 6 people, 180
euro up to 8 people, and same on return to FCO.
Just a gut feeling, but think this might be a pretty large group this time, time will tell I guess. Bruce at Pied Piper never seems to want to tell how many have booked.

Hi John:

I have my reservation booked at Montecarlo as well, officially, for the 17th ! Chatted and emailed them and was blown away by their high level of service. Good start. The Hotel is offering to pick up 2 people (luggages) for 55 Euros from FCO airport to their Hotel. Great rate. My Alitalia flight from Toronto arrives at 720am on Oct. 17. When do you arrive ? If we are in the same morning slot (Hotel check-in at 2pm), I am willing to wait a little at airport just in case your flight comes in later morning. If you do indeed arrive early am like me, it would be great, inexpensive and efficient to share this nice offer. In this scenario, we get there earlier. They hold our bags for a couple of hours. We can, if you want, have lunch (few nice places nearby). And then get back to Hotel for our check-in. PLSE ADVISE. THANKS.

The Montecarlo could offer us a special rate for getting to the Port from their Hotel. I am checking into this. I think they will have a great rate, as my experience and rate so far is good with them.

October 31: port to FCO airport for Alitalia direct flight back to Toronto departing at 1035am.
I know you are departing same day as me after cruise. When is your flight leaving ?

Guys, who else is departing around that time on Oct. 31 (multiple guys sharing, port to airport) ? PLSE ADVISE. THANKS.

Cheers all,

William.

[quote name='johhnnyt']Delta was sweet to me today, so got First class to the UK, and same on Alitalia on the way going home. Flying Czech airlines from UK--->FCO on the 17th. Reservation is confirmed at the Montecarlo in Rome for the 17th.
That Romelimotours looks good, the quote she gave me was Rome to Civitavecchia port: 150 euro up to 4 people, 170 euro up to 6 people, 180
euro up to 8 people, and same on return to FCO.
Just a gut feeling, but think this might be a pretty large group this time, time will tell I guess. Bruce at Pied Piper never seems to want to tell how many have booked.[/quote]

Hey "Bri"

I appreciate the considerate offer. Please see my other posting. I am looking at a few options. Will see how that works out.

Thanks.

W.

[quote name='BriSquared']William
Romelimostours is great. I just used them again in July and am using them again in October.
There are 6 of us (only 2 PP). You are welcome to join us but 4 of us will be at the hotel and picking up 2 at the airport on the way to the cruise so we are not going to be getting to the ship too early...though in plenty of time.
There is room fo 7 as we have done 7 to the ship with them before.

If you are looking to go earlier, I am sure there are plenty who would share a ride...it is much less splitting the ride among 4 or more than footing it alone :)[/quote]

Will

Saw your post...we are going back to the airport to drop off luggage at Airport Hilton but headed to city after as we are staying an extra day in Rome after....I think we are going a bit later. You have an early flight so you are likely off before us. If no one responds let me know an I will look at our timing.

For the Airport to Hotel, we use Romelimostours and they likely could meet or beat the 55 Euros. Just my preference. I have used them for several transfers and tours.

We arrive on the 16th.

Anyone doing the Corfu trip?

[quote name='will_greek']Hi John:

I have my reservation booked at Montecarlo as well, officially, for the 17th ! Chatted and emailed them and was blown away by their high level of service. Good start. The Hotel is offering to pick up 2 people (luggages) for 55 Euros from FCO airport to their Hotel. Great rate. My Alitalia flight from Toronto arrives at 720am on Oct. 17. When do you arrive ? If we are in the same morning slot (Hotel check-in at 2pm), I am willing to wait a little at airport just in case your flight comes in later morning. If you do indeed arrive early am like me, it would be great, inexpensive and efficient to share this nice offer. In this scenario, we get there earlier. They hold our bags for a couple of hours. We can, if you want, have lunch (few nice places nearby). And then get back to Hotel for our check-in. PLSE ADVISE. THANKS.

The Montecarlo could offer us a special rate for getting to the Port from their Hotel. I am checking into this. I think they will have a great rate, as my experience and rate so far is good with them.

October 31: port to FCO airport for Alitalia direct flight back to Toronto departing at 1035am.
I know you are departing same day as me after cruise. When is your flight leaving ?

Guys, who else is departing around that time on Oct. 31 (multiple guys sharing, port to airport) ? PLSE ADVISE. THANKS.

Cheers all,

William.[/QUOTE]

Hi William,
I have a small stopover in Prague after I leave London, so I get into FCO at 1:40PM, so I'm not sure if you want to wait or not. When I booked my hotel reservation I had also booked the pickup from FCO, by the Montecarlo since I saw it was 55 Euros.
Coming back I leave at 2:40 PM from FCO back to New York on Alitalia, but since you have an early flight if you want to share a ride, I'm happy to leave early and wait at the airport.
Thats pretty tight margin for you if your flight leaves at 10:35AM. I know on other cruises I've had from Rome, Italian customs can be slow at times to clear the ship.
Be happy to hear what you find in regard to Montecarlo rate to port, as I haven't booked anything in the way of transport to/from the port.
John

I booked the following tours that Pied Piper had on their list
Day 2
19-Oct-2010
Naples/Capri, Italy

Day 5
22-Oct-2010
Corfu, Greece
Achilleion Palace, Paleokastritsa & Old Town - CG05

Day 9
26-Oct-2010
Jerusalem (Ashdod), Israel
Glorious Jerusalem - AS24

Day 10
27-Oct-2010
Haifa, Israel
Nazareth and Galilee - Jesus Ministry - HF16

I'm holding off on booking the Egypt stuff as hoping a friend comes through with some people he knows over there that can help with that

Hey "B"

I assume you guys booked the Cairo Overland - double - in and around the Pyramids and Memphis. ???

If so, I wanted to let you know I have also booked it, single.

If you dont mind, I hope I can have at least one PP couple/person to talk to on that Tour. You are the only ones I "know" so far. So, I hope we can sit together on the bus and get to chat, maybe a drink at the same Hotel that overnight. ??

Plse advise.

PP virgin.

William.

[quote name='BriSquared']Oops...I am looking at the Cairo Overland that spends over night in Cairo rather than Luxor. I see the Luxor now too. Looks good but I am not so keen on the flight part. The Cairo Overland goes to Memphis which also should be nice. It is not Luxor but should still be interesting. Not sure if that has the same dangers of selling out but may not be worth taking the chance.[/quote]

Archived