ROLL CALL: Celebrity Equinox 10/18/2010 Pied Piper

Bayotter

Been absent for a while from the posts. ....yes ...getting very close...so much left to be done :eek:

I will be in Rome for 2 nights before the cruise but not sure of our plans where yet...I have to figure how far Montecarlo is from my hotel.

But first....what to pack .....argh!

Hi Jamie, John, Guys

730pm in our Montecarlo Lobby is good for me.

I will be at the Hotel earlier than John (720am arrival - I hope) (from Toronto). So, Jamie, John, you can Text me to coordinate, if we dont see each other at the Hotel earlier in the day. (416)737-2298 (North American cell).

Jamie, I should arrive just before Lunch time, so maybe we could do lunch as well ? And check out the local restaurants for the evening. ? If not, I can so some mini sightseeing myself...maybe checkout the local gay area. I planned to do that anyway. That part is researched. :)

Jamie - what a stunning house ! - honestly, it is the image I have in my head of Palm Springs. I can only imagine the beautiful design inside. And yes, your efforts are worth it.

As a PP newbie, I am, quite frankly, happy with the 50ish number (if that is the range). Indeed, a much easier way to get to know the Group (I thought over 100...)

Add to that all the single guys it seems on the trip...anyway, it should be a great Cruise.

Prepping like all you guys...this has to be one of the most disciplined and organized groups I have been part of...good thing...almost everything has been done for the Trip...just clothes, camera/video eqpt, etc..

"V" - havent heard from you in a while. Can you meet the group ? I am trying to remember your schedule pre-Cruise. By the way, I assume you are still confirmed for the Cairo Overland - Single - Celebrity Excursion ? It is nice to know I will have at least one of the PP group in the desert in front of the Pyramids with me. Video and camera - we must ensure that we get multiple views - this is the "money-shot" of the entire Cruise.

All the best to my American "cousins" !

Bill.

7:30 works for me. Yes, in the Montecarlo lobby. There are supposed to be a number of restaurants in the neighborhood, so it's time to do a bit of research.

Jamie

Montecarlo looks to be a small hotel but will text you. Mine is 845.216.7589. Picked up my dry cleaning today, and booked the car service to JFK, so it must be getting close. Looks like hotel in Egypt has a view of pyramids from pool, so bringing a tripod if anyone else needs one during the trip, feel free to borrow. Only tough part is leaving these two

kateNcash.jpg

I've been absent for a bit, but still alive and well... and looking forward to the trip.

Agreed that 50ish is the best size.... I've done everywhere from 20 - 800, and the under 100 gang feels best to me. By the time FOD are half the ship it feels far less special.

I will only have one night in Rome precruise, and for convenience did the Celebrity hotel with transfers. Mostly, just to be sure I have leeway on getting there. Over a martini or two, I'll tell you about my Azamara trip that was such a travel debacle... no shoreside support at all.

We need to find out if Togi is at the martini bar, btw.... he was my favorite barkeep on the M-class, and he was on Solstice when it launched. I have four week altogether (I'm staying on for the crossing beginning 10/31), so I'll have a chance to sample the whole menu.

Just a bit more than a week to go!!

cheers -

David.

Hey Guys

Less than a week...:)

Derek, at Pied Piper, told me that officially our Tour Group is at 50. (how precise).

So, the rumour was well sourced.

Also, found out, 2 more Canadians on this Cruise. We're friendly. :cool:

So, I wish you all a Bon Voyage and see you in Rome !

Cheers,

Bill.

That Brian has all the inside scoop on the numbers! Safe travels to everyone, and look forward to seeing everyone in person.I leave in next day for London for two days, then Prague for a day then see you all in Rome. Safe flights and no delays for all.

Glenn and Keith here from Palm Harbor, FL. We are flying into Rome on the 16th and hope to sqeeze in some sight seeing before we head to the port for departure on this amazing cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and just could not do it on a totally straight cruise. We have done the post thanksgiving cruise twice and loved the atmosphere - not too crazy but the opportunity to let your hair down once in a while. Anyone getting to Rome a bit early?:D

Glenn and Keith: Brian and Omar here from Miami. If you look back through the pages (not much time but look at last 2 pages) you will see many are arrivin a few days early as well...and some are already in London. We are arriving on the 16th as well. There are 6 of us but only 2 in Pied Piper, the other 4 are straight and married but friendly.

Not long now....packing is getting scary :eek:

Hi Guys

Congratulations on your 25th !:)

Jamie (bayotter), John (johnnyt) and I (William) will all be staying at the Hotel Montecarlo the night of Sun. Oct. 17. Jamie will already be there. I will arrive at FCO at 735am on Sunday. John will arrive in early afternoon. We are not too far from Termini.

There is another group of 5 guys staying near the Coliseum.

The plan we hope works out is that: the 3 of us at Montecarlo plus the 5 others will meet in the Lobby of the Montecarlo at 730pm Sunday evening. From there, we will go out for dinner at a nice restaurant to be determined.

There are a few others who have posted here who are aware of this - who may or may not join us at 730pm.

As far as we know, this will be one of the only notable pre-Cruise gatherings. Done by posters and not through PP. Tho wish PP could be more proactive on this.

I am new to PP. I am Canadian. My only other cruise was with Atlantis last July to the Baltic.

So, with that said, I hope you guys, if available, can join our little group for some socializing. :cool:

Cruise will have 50 is the official number.

Hope we cross paths this night in Rome, otherwise on the Equinox.

All the best,

William.

Toronto.

Glenn and Keith here from Palm Harbor, FL. We are flying into Rome on the 16th and hope to sqeeze in some sight seeing before we head to the port for departure on this amazing cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and just could not do it on a totally straight cruise. We have done the post thanksgiving cruise twice and loved the atmosphere - not too crazy but the opportunity to let your hair down once in a while. Anyone getting to Rome a bit early?:D

In London today, theatre tonight (Mousetrap), then onto Windsor on Saturday, early lunch in Prague on Sunday, then onto glorious Roma at about 2PM. Then hopefully a nice relaxing dinner and story swapping with all of you.

John

Hi Guys

Congratulations on your 25th !:)

Jamie (bayotter), John (johnnyt) and I (William) will all be staying at the Hotel Montecarlo the night of Sun. Oct. 17. Jamie will already be there. I will arrive at FCO at 735am on Sunday. John will arrive in early afternoon. We are not too far from Termini.

There is another group of 5 guys staying near the Coliseum.

The plan we hope works out is that: the 3 of us at Montecarlo plus the 5 others will meet in the Lobby of the Montecarlo at 730pm Sunday evening. From there, we will go out for dinner at a nice restaurant to be determined.

There are a few others who have posted here who are aware of this - who may or may not join us at 730pm.

As far as we know, this will be one of the only notable pre-Cruise gatherings. Done by posters and not through PP. Tho wish PP could be more proactive on this.

I am new to PP. I am Canadian. My only other cruise was with Atlantis last July to the Baltic.

So, with that said, I hope you guys, if available, can join our little group for some socializing. :cool:

Cruise will have 50 is the official number.

Hope we cross paths this night in Rome, otherwise on the Equinox.

All the best,

William.

Toronto.

It has to do with my trip to Montecarlo and your flight to FCO.

cell/SMS

(416) 737-2298

In London today, theatre tonight (Mousetrap), then onto Windsor on Saturday, early lunch in Prague on Sunday, then onto glorious Roma at about 2PM. Then hopefully a nice relaxing dinner and story swapping with all of you.

John

Archived