Massages in Cozumel

kerri1jill

Cozumel will be our shopping day; however, we plan to also either go to the beach for a massage before or after, but not sure which beach would be best for a good massage without having to pay for a full all inclusive beach day. From what I've read there are a few really good beaches for massages, but they seem to be the all inclusive and we won't be on the beach for a log enough period to be worth paying for the day.

Cozumel will be our shopping day; however, we plan to also either go to the beach for a massage before or after, but not sure which beach would be best for a good massage without having to pay for a full all inclusive beach day. From what I've read there are a few really good beaches for massages, but they seem to be the all inclusive and we won't be on the beach for a log enough period to be worth paying for the day.

Paradise Beach is another location (right near Carlos' Beach) that is not an all inclusive. It is a free beach resort...and they have wonderful massages (according to my husband...I am not a massage person)

Unfortunately, the down side to going to any beach resort to get the massage is the cost of the taxi. It will be $12-15 one way (for up to 4 people) depending on which pier you are docked at.

About 2 years ago my SIL and I got massages from an American who lived in Coz and was trained to walk on your back (sounds wierd, right? It was really great!)

She was around $60/hour plus tip and she was a member of CC (CozSally, I believe!) I don't know if she still posts, but she was in town. You could take a cab, but we just walked and it was not THAT far for us (but we like to walk!)

I was pretty sore the next day, but I have back problems anyway - and it was worth it! My SIL wasn't sore at all and really liked her, too.

-Sarah

Edited to add: BruceR also reccomends her in another recent massage thread AND was smart enough to know her website - here's the link: http://www.barefootincozumel.com

About 2 years ago my SIL and I got massages from an American who lived in Coz and was trained to walk on your back (sounds wierd, right? It was really great!)

She was around $60/hour plus tip and she was a member of CC (CozSally, I believe!) I don't know if she still posts, but she was in town. You could take a cab, but we just walked and it was not THAT far for us (but we like to walk!)

I was pretty sore the next day, but I have back problems anyway - and it was worth it! My SIL wasn't sore at all and really liked her, too.

-Sarah

Edited to add: BruceR also reccomends her in another recent massage thread AND was smart enough to know her website - here's the link: www.barefootincozumel.com

Sally is my pick for the "BEST". She is not on the beach but definately worth the trip.

Archived