Printing tags for your bags? Also do you have to give Carnival your bags??

stephic411

I remember reading on here about people saying they could print the tags for their bags online and also the people have them at the terminal but I would really like to do it ahead of time.. but I can't find where you do it at now on the Carnival website. Anyone know?

Also.. do you have to give Carnival your bags or can you carry them on yourself? We are just really worried about them getting lost:(

Thanks for the help!!

I remember reading on here about people saying they could print the tags for their bags online and also the people have them at the terminal but I would really like to do it ahead of time.. but I can't find where you do it at now on the Carnival website. Anyone know?

Also.. do you have to give Carnival your bags or can you carry them on yourself? We are just really worried about them getting lost:(

Thanks for the help!!

Yes you can print your own tags on line, after it is paid in full. I love doing this, some people don't. As for the bags, I don't know but why would you want to lug a weeks worth of bags on board? There are very few lost. In all of cruises we've never lost a bag. Not so at the airports! :eek: Now I do know that you can carry it off at debarkation. Hope you find the info you need, I sure some one on these cruisers can tell you. Happy sailing!:)

We have carried on our bags on every cruise we've done. We also always carry on when when we fly. Don't overpack and it's an easy thing to do.

My family of 5 each has their own roll on bag and one tote or backpack each.

We carried our bags on once when for some strange reason we could not find a porter to hand them off too.

Worked out ok but not our first choice.

We have cruised about 20 times and only one problem on RCCL we had to pick up one bag by the purser desk. For some reason that is where they put the bags they did not know what to do with. Strange as our luggage tag was on it.

Thanks for the help!!

You can print your own Luggage Tags which are last page of your e-docs. You can "wrap" them in clear packing tape if you want to protect them.

You CAN carry-on luggage that fits thru the ship's scanners; carnival.com FAQ's give the sizes. Larger bags HAVE to be checked with the porters. If your board before cabins are ready (around 1:30PM for 4:00PM departures) you may have to carry your luggage around with you, which is why many check their luggage and retain a small carry-on for meds,valuables and a change of clothes.

ken

Like the others said, the carry aboard bags must fit through the x-ray machine. (Same size as the carry aboard bags on aircraft.)

To find your luggage tags on line, your voyage must be paid in full, go to "documents", then go to the very last page of your documents, and there you'll find your luggage tags. You can print as many as you need, and then follow the "folding instructions" on the tags. (We too laminate them with clear packing tape, punch a hole in the ends, and fasten them to our bags with little tie wraps.) They'd REALLY have to work to rip 'em off the bags when they're done that way.

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

Steph... I think everyone else has given a good answer... Your luggage tags are the last page of your e-documents and you get 'em after your account is paid in full. I was a little leary at first, but the worked fine... just fold 'em where they tell you to fold 'em, staple them together, then reinforce it with clear packing tape....

Good Luck.

Barry

Thank You so much everyone!!

You are all so helpful;)

I found where you print the tags online and silly me was just overlooking it.

I don't really want to carry my bag around the whole time that we are waiting..because my bag is HUGE ..so I am guessing they would not let me anywho.

My boyfriend on the other hand wants to keep with him his bag which he will all be carrying on the airport..so maybe they will let him keep it. He is just really weird about giving people he does not know his stuff :rolleyes:

Archived