What are the Advantages to doing a Back to Back Cruise?

I have never done a B2B on a ship. When the bookings first opened for Oasis I booked B2B for October 2010 cause I really felt you needed the extra time to appreciate this ship and the price was very right at that time. We will do eastern carib one week and western one week. For a ship such as Oasis a B2B is well worth it.

Main advantage is one airfare for two cruise credits:) For those of us who have to fly to the port.

We did our first b2b this past Oct. 2009 was an extremely stressful year with serious illnesses in relatives (requiring our care) on both sides of the family. We figured that, with a ship the size of the Liberty, we'd need 2 weeks to see and do everything. The 1st week was to de-stress and chill (and explore the ship) the 2nd week was when we actually had enough energy to stay up and party or whatever. Having different ports was important to us. The 1st wk, however, we never even got off the ship! It was actually quite fun having the Solarium almost completely to ourselves ;) Anyway, that's why we did it. I can't speak for why others do.

My husband and I are doing our first B2B when Oasis starts sailing to Western Caribbean. We're doing it for two reasons. The first one is that we don't think one week will be long enough to see everything that Oasis has to offer. We realise that there'll be the same shows for both weeks but that just means that instead of going to a show each night we'll be able to spread it out over the two weeks and go and enjoy some of the lounges and bars or even have a night to catch up on some sleep. The second reason is that 7 days cruising just isn't long enough for us.

We are also booked for our first B2B in May - one week Western, the other Eastern.

Like others have said, a ship this size will take more than a week to appreciate fully, and I don't want to be rushing around and trying to fit 'everything' in a week.

Also, we are coming from the UK, so for us its quite a long (and expensive) travel, so we may as well do 2 weeks instead of just the 1.

Here is a twist on the B2B cruises. Last year we sailed on the FOS western ports for 7 days, finished on Sunday morning and got on a Carnival ship next door for 4 days in the Bahamas. We saved the extra airfare, car rental, extra days we would have stayed in a hotel after the cruise. The Carnival ship was smaller but we did get to se the Atlantis Resort. I would rate the FOS over the Carnival ship but my son had a better time on the Carnival ship because of the new friends he made on it.

We're doing the same thing starting 4/24 on Oasis. Does anyone know how RCI handles the turn-around day? Is there anything special that we have to do?

We did off the FOS on the Carnival ship. There is just the customs problem and you need a taxi to get over to Carnival.

We are doing our first one in April. We typically take 2 week vacations especially when we have to fly all the way across the country. Normally we will stay for a few days both before and after our cruises but this time we are doing a B2B instead. Land vacations are always at least 10 days but usually 2 weeks as well. 7 days would never be enough vacation time for us! It takes 2 days just for us to stop thinking about work and finally relaxing.

Flying all the way from Finland so why not take another week. Also the different ports on the second week, I would never do a b2b cruise with same ports on both weeks.

Done before b2b with Navigator and Liberty, 7-night cruises are not just enough, atleast if you fly from Europe.

On Oasis there is so much to see and do so you really need the second week to explore everything.

Archived