How did the Serenade sell out dozens of cabins overnight??

I'm sailing on the Serenade, January 23, 2010. I check the RCCL website at least once a day, looking for price drops. As of last night, there were still lots of inside cabins available (maybe 20-30) - so many that I was hopeful of another price drop.

Tonight, all categories except for suites are suddenly listed as sold out. I'm just very curious - how did this happen? There wasn't any last minute "fire sale" as far as I know. There was a mutli-state residency discount for the last week or so, but nothing dramatic in the last twenty-four hours. What happened?? :confused:

We sail on Adventure of the Seas also out of San Juan on Jan. 24th and the same thing has happened. I checked for price drops tonight and there are hardly ANY cabins left and the prices have jumped ridiculously in price. I'm afraid our daughter may not be able to go with us and I haven't worried about it until now because there were so many cabins left. (we are in an aft cabin on deck 10 with triple occupancy) If my husband and I are the only ones to end up going, I'm afraid they will bump us to a double cabin. I picked this cabin very carefully and will be heart broken if we can't stay in it. Now I don't know what to do. I guess I'll cancel as late as I can and hope I don't get bumped. Any advice out there??

We sail on Adventure of the Seas also out of San Juan on Jan. 24th and the same thing has happened. I checked for price drops tonight and there are hardly ANY cabins left and the prices have jumped ridiculously in price. I'm afraid our daughter may not be able to go with us and I haven't worried about it until now because there were so many cabins left. (we are in an aft cabin on deck 10 with triple occupancy) If my husband and I are the only ones to end up going, I'm afraid they will bump us to a double cabin. I picked this cabin very carefully and will be heart broken if we can't stay in it. Now I don't know what to do. I guess I'll cancel as late as I can and hope I don't get bumped. Any advice out there??

If that is the cabin you want.....leave your daughter on the reservation. They can't bump you if they "think" 3 people are cruising ;) You will eat the 3rd person rate, but you would anyways as you are way beyond final payment.

I thought we'd have to "eat" it also, but I was told by a RC operator that a 3rd or 4th passenger can be cancelled up to 8 days before cruise and still get full refund. I don't know and won't be crushed if we don't get it back. I just don't want to lose the room. I may call a little closer to sailing time and ask the opinion of the RC rep as to if I should keep her on or cancel ahead of time. Surely at some point, they don't move people out of cabins. Thanks!

It can happen when guarantee bookings are assigned their cabins so the number of cabins available for selection isn't a true indication of the total number of cabins available for sale. If there are 10 inside cabins available for selection and they have 8 Z Gty bookings once two more cabins are sold, all disappear from the availablity.

I'm sailing on the Serenade, January 23, 2010. I check the RCCL website at least once a day, looking for price drops. As of last night, there were still lots of inside cabins available (maybe 20-30) - so many that I was hopeful of another price drop.

Tonight, all categories except for suites are suddenly listed as sold out. I'm just very curious - how did this happen? There wasn't any last minute "fire sale" as far as I know. There was a mutli-state residency discount for the last week or so, but nothing dramatic in the last twenty-four hours. What happened?? :confused:

Oddly enough the exact same thing happened a few days ago for Jan 17th AOS. Every category except Inside was available and then Puff nothing.

I thought we'd have to "eat" it also, but I was told by a RC operator that a 3rd or 4th passenger can be cancelled up to 8 days before cruise and still get full refund. I don't know and won't be crushed if we don't get it back. I just don't want to lose the room. I may call a little closer to sailing time and ask the opinion of the RC rep as to if I should keep her on or cancel ahead of time. Surely at some point, they don't move people out of cabins. Thanks!

When you cancel your daughter tell them to note on your reservation that you absolutely do not want to be moved (unless it is for an upgrade)

I remember reading someplace on CC that if the ships that sail out of San Juan arent full, they make the rooms very cheap for the local Travel Agencys and the locals get a GREAT deal on rooms and they sell rooms to fill up the ship only days before you sail. I asked a RCI person about that and the obvisuly denied it, becuase if that were true, people who paid full fare would be pissed. :eek: I personally think it could happen...does it...???

Archived