Captain Bryans

mcanuck

I have booked with Captain Bryans for a 1:30-4:00 snorkelling trip arriving back at the peir at 4:20.Our ship(grandeur) departs at 5:30 will we have time to make the tender back safely.My DW is concerned we are cutting it to close.

First, you have to find out if the ship is going to stay on Central time which it did when we were on it 3 weeks ago. That then puts you leaving at 5:30 Central time, which is really 6:30 Eastern time. That will give you plenty of time to get the last tender - which will be at 4:30 Central time, or 5:30 Eastern time. The Grandeur sets their last tender time to be 1 hour before departure time - ie you must be on board at 5:00 ship time, but the last tender will leave at 4:30 ship time - and believe me, it does. That clock ticked over to 4:00, which was our last tender time and the tender pulled away.

So, check with RCI to make sure that departure time of 5:30 is Central time, then check with Captain Bryan's to make sure they mean Eastern time and go accordingly.

If it is the same time zone for each, then no I think you will be cutting it too close. The catamaran will get to the marina at 4:00, then you get in a bus and drive back to either their office (10 min from pier) or maybe they drop you at the pier, not sure. It is a 20 min ride, but if your last tender is going at 4:30 what if there is a slight traffic tie up on the highway? That could be the difference of missing it by a few minutes.

I am in the same bind with our cruise. I booked the 1:30 -4 trip and I read that it does not get back to the port until 4:20. Our boat leaves at 5:30 (Valor). i think I am going to email Capt. Bryan's tomorrow and try to change it to the 10:30 trip. I rather be safe than sorry.

I did get a hold of Captain Bryans and they have a 1:00 cruise on certain days,sorry I am not sure which ones but it depends on what boats are in port that day.I lucked out and was able to change from a 1:30- 4:20, to a 1:00-3:50 trip.This will get us back in time for our 5:30 departure with time to spare.Reservations were easy and quick over the internet ,they responded the same day.

I contacted Capt. Bryans and was told that the 3 hr 10:30-1:30 was sold out for that date. I explained how I was worried about the arrival time back at the port and they really didn't seem too concerned. If I hadn't already left a deposit, I would cancel and go with carnival's own tour. I still may actually - their blunt response just left a bad taste in my mouth I guess.

On our upcoming cruise on the Carnival Miracle, we are doing the 10:30 to 1:30 Captain Bryan's tour. The last tender to our ship is at 3. So even if the bus ride back to town is really slow, we are still allowing up to an hour and a half for it and getting into line for the tender. Personally, I wouldn't want to allow for anything less than that, especially on a day (such as ours) where seven ships will be in port.

Archived