Can't Miss Excursions? - Serenade of Seas Sthrn Carib. 2/20/20

chitownGib

So excited about our first cruise - RCL Serenade of the Seas, Southern Caribbean - St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Barbados ports. Never been to any of the islands. Any excursions we absolutely shouldn't miss? Don't want to spend a ton of extra $$, but hate to miss anything special. Also, is it a big mistake not to book excursions through the cruise? We tend to be more spontaneous vacationers. ~ Thanks!:)

What is it you like to do? A booze cruise that was fun for some, may not be for you, if you don't drink!

Hiking through a rainforest may not be for you if you have a "bum" hip....

What sort of things do you want to do?

So excited about our first cruise - RCL Serenade of the Seas, Southern Caribbean - St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Barbados ports. Never been to any of the islands. Any excursions we absolutely shouldn't miss? Don't want to spend a ton of extra $$, but hate to miss anything special. Also, is it a big mistake not to book excursions through the cruise? We tend to be more spontaneous vacationers. ~ Thanks!:)

Of those islands, I have only been to Barbados and the one thing I can say about that beautiful island is to NOT miss the beaches! On our 10 day/7 port Southern Caribbean cruise everyone on the boat raved about the beaches in Barbados. A true highlight of the entire trip.

Also I, and most people, will say to not book excursions through the cruiseline. The only time we do that is if there is an excursion we absolutely know we want to do and that tour company only works with the cruiseline & thus does not take independent bookings.

Happy cruising!

I guess some of that info would be helpful. We are not action/adventure types - no zip lines for me. But I love the beach (currently living landlocked- ok, Lake Michigan sort of counts). Wondering -don't miss this beach on this island, shopping is best on ___, such and such has a cute downtown to hang with the locals, snorkeling is best here.... If you're going to splurge take a sailboat tour around - for the prettiest vistas. I guess that was what I was hoping for.... Our vacation is definitely about R&R, and celebrating our 20th!

In Barbados we did the Silvermoon on our last cruise, wonderfull experience. On our next cruise in May we are doing Cazabaza cruises. Both have a lunch and two snorkeling stops. Both take a limited amount of passengers. From 12 to 24.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..We are from MA. and will be on this cruise also. We have been on 5 other cruises, and one went to Barbados. We hired a driver and went to the MOST BEAUTIFUL beach I have ever seen in my life! It was Bottom Bay Beach (about 45 min. from the cruise dock)I LOVE photography, so this place gave us some beautiful photos. When we go there this time, we are hoping to get a taxi back there, and are looking for someone to share the taxi fare with. Interested?

In Barbados we did the Silvermoon on our last cruise, wonderfull experience. On our next cruise in May we are doing Cazabaza cruises. Both have a lunch and two snorkeling stops. Both take a limited amount of passengers. From 12 to 24.

We also have done the Silvermoon 2 times. Fabulous time! I have pictures in my signature, as well as some from Dominica.

You will love the Serenade!

Have a fabulous cruise!

Archived