Bringing Wine on

ibecruzen2

Ok just got off the Miracle in Nov. and had a great time Now i am leaving on the Legend on the 31 of this Month. My sister wants to bring wine on ,,Well she says if i pck it in a plastic cont. like Water bottle it will turn to vinegar. Is this true? i myself do not think so, as for it is not a rubber maid product, What do you guys think and have you done this before.. I do not want to pack Glass bottles Thanks Deb

Ok just got off the Miracle in Nov. and had a great time Now i am leaving on the Legend on the 31 of this Month. My sister wants to bring wine on ,,Well she says if i pck it in a plastic cont. like Water bottle it will turn to vinegar. Is this true? i myself do not think so, as for it is not a rubber maid product, What do you guys think and have you done this before.. I do not want to pack Glass bottles Thanks Deb

You are allowed one bottle of wine each in your carry on

Just take a box of wine with a clear plastic bladder and put in your checked luggage. We bring on at least 2 boxes that way every cruise as well a using rum runners for other stuff

Ok i do not drink wine just beer and well the drinks on the ship so where do i get a box of wine, kenndell Jackson that comes in clear plastic bladder yep i am dumb at this one just want to surprise her. she does not know i upgraded to a balcony . My husband passed away 9 months ago and she helped me so much, so i thought i would give the gift back, BUT i do not drink wine. Thanks Deb

Not sure about Kendal Jackson but most liquor stores carry boxed wine. I get Black Box it is a pretty good one from Australia. Just go to the store that sells wine and they will point you in the right direction.

Not sure about Kendal Jackson but most liquor stores carry boxed wine. I get Black Box it is a pretty good one from Australia. Just go to the store that sells wine and they will point you in the right direction.

Thank you Deb

You are allowed to take 1 bottle per person on board with you. I am not sure if it says anywhere what size bottle you can bring. Anyway, in October I sailed out of Miami on Carnival Liberty. We flew in from Canada the day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We bought our wine at a CVS store a block and a half away. There was a great sale on Italian white wine in the large 2 liter size bottle, so we bought one each. We were stopped at security, boarding the ship, they looked in our carry on bags, saw our big bottles of wine, but didnt say anything, and away we went! :D

We have sailed twice before on Carnival and have brought between 5-7 bottles on for 2 adults (5 and 7 day cruises) Carried on two and packed the rest in the suitcases that came on through and have not had a problem. We paid the corkage at dinner and had glasses and a corkscrew in the room for a bottle we kept there. Never tried to hide it nor made a big deal when we were on board.

We have seen people have their extra wine taken by security when their carry on luggage went through the detector . We bring on 2 bottles usually, one for each of us. I think it really depends on the port you leave from and if the security personel decide to remove extra bottles from your carry on luggage. You can put it in checked baggage I guess but I'd be concerned it'd leak onto my clothes.

I know our grocery stores have lil 4 pack bottles of wine in plastic containers that I plan on taking. I drink a white wine...Mascato is my fav. (Each bottle is like 1 glass of wine) They should be easy to pack because they are so small and I dont have to worry about them breaking and soaking my clothes!

bubble wrap and large zip lock bags work just fine...packing it inbetween clothes to cushion it also helps.

:D

You are allowed to take 1 bottle per person on board with you. I am not sure if it says anywhere what size bottle you can bring. :D

Carnivals "Liquor and Beverage Policy" says

one bottle (750ml) of wine

(Search for liquor policy and you'll get several links or go find the

"Know Before You Go" e-brochure and look around pg 32 or 33 ).

No beer.

It specifies a "small quantity" of non-alcoholic beverages allowed.

I suppose that the worst that will happen is any amount that is "too much" will be confiscated. I don't know if they keep it or return it to you when you are disembarking. I have heard stories of both.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Also, keep in mind that you can order a "fruit basket wine" gift thing from the Bon Voyage dept. This might be a nice "thank you" for your sister

to have waiting in your cabin when you get there anyway. It did not

seem outrageously priced. This would get you one more bottle of wine

to have on hand for sitting on your balcony with.

highbridge5

I know our grocery stores have lil 4 pack bottles of wine in plastic containers that I plan on taking. I drink a white wine...Mascato is my fav. (Each bottle is like 1 glass of wine) They should be easy to pack because they are so small and I dont have to worry about them breaking and soaking my clothes!

So that is why I drank a whole bottle of Mascato and no effect at all? :rolleyes: I am trying to find a wine I like but want a little bitty happy place with it.

So that is why I drank a whole bottle of Mascato and no effect at all? :rolleyes: I am trying to find a wine I like but want a little bitty happy place with it.

LOL...no. Each of the smaller bottles in the four pack is like one glass of wine. The kind that I drink makes me feel very happy:p. Although Im not a big drinker, I do enjoy white wine and a few fruity cocktails. Cant wait to try "A Kiss on the Lips"! I do like the lil more expensive Mascato and Reislings I get from my winery, but for the purpose of packing and having a nice sweet white wine, these lil babies will do the trick for me!:D

Archived