Tour Guide Recommendation Toulon Port

lawgirl

Hello. We are stopping in Toulon (Provence) in November 2010. It appears that most cruises port in Marseilles and not Toulon and therefore most tour recommendations are out of Marseilles. We would love to arrange a private tour of the area from the Toulon (Provence) port. Does anyone have any recommendation for a private tour operator? Many thanks.

We are docking in Toulon May 2010 on RCL Voyager and found a great private tour through a recommendation. www.provence-travel.com

Catherine will cater the day to your needs. We are set to go to Aix en Provence with time outside Bandol to go to a winery or two, including lunch. She said though she will cater to your needs.

Hello. We are stopping in Toulon (Provence) in November 2010. It appears that most cruises port in Marseilles and not Toulon and therefore most tour recommendations are out of Marseilles. We would love to arrange a private tour of the area from the Toulon (Provence) port. Does anyone have any recommendation for a private tour operator? Many thanks.

Lawgirl: I also recommend Catherine (from post above). We used her last year and did a hillside villages of Luberon tour that was unbelievable. We went to Luberon, Roussillon, Gordes (google Gordes for great photos) and several other small villages. The crowds were low and the sights were wonderful. Our guide was knowlegeable and flexible in timing.

Amy

• 2 weeks later...
her prices are actually lower than RCL if you have 4-6 people going. Plus you get the time to stop where you want fo rlunch and shop, and not be hearded around

We took private tours in all but one port during our Med cruise. There are many benefits to private tours:

- Almost always cheaper than cruise line if you book a full van (we found this EASY to do through our Cruise Meet thread)

- Itinerary and time at each stop customized to what you request

- You will see more things and stay at each place longer because you are not in a HUGE group that needs time to get on and off a big motorcoach

- Personal service

- Van can drive through roads that big motorcoaches cannot

- More authentic experience

Just to give you an example of the experience, we took RCI's tour of Capri, Sorrento, and Pompeii. For lunch, they took us to an Italian restaurant and the meal that was included in the tour price was turkey, peas, and mashed potatoes!!! Sorrento is famous for its pizza! We winded up buying our own pizza and it wasn't very good. On all our private tours, our drivers took us to WONDERFUL Italian/French restaurants. They were amazing.

I would highly recommend doing private tours over the ship's tours.

• 1 month later...

RCL offers a tour out of Toulon to Bormes which sounds like a good little town with lots of sceanery and good shopping. Has anyone been. Is there a train or bus, looking for a better way to get there than the tour.

thanks!

We are docking in Toulon May 2010 on RCL Voyager and found a great private tour through a recommendation. www.provence-travel.com

Catherine will cater the day to your needs. We are set to go to Aix en Provence with time outside Bandol to go to a winery or two, including lunch. She said though she will cater to your needs.

I'm on the VOS for the Med - May 16-23 2010 also, thanks for the heads-up on the tour guide. I will check it out - I wonder if she puts together small groups or do we need to do that outside somehow??? Do you know? Myself and my friend (F - 60 and 38) are looking for some non-cruise line tours. I did that last year in Naples, Rome and Florence - it was great. Hooked up with one other family and we were able to have private tours and an agreeable and do-able time. Much better than the RCCL tours sound, I'm kind of disappointed reading those listings~!

I just looked at her website...does anyone know how comparable the tour is with the one RCCL offers? (As far as experience and cost?) TIA.

mgscruiser,

You are on my cruise. Come on over to the meet & mingle board for this cruise. There are several of us looking for private tours.

• 11 months later...

My husband and I will be cruissing from May 7 to Jun 3, 2011 at the Celebrity Costellaion from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Amsterdan, Holland and will continue to the Baltic. We are interesting in the private tours. On June 18 we will be cruising the Mediterranium with our family at the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas. We are going to be 6 adults and 3 children and a 1 year old. I think that kind of tours will be good for families too.

Lawgirl: I also recommend Catherine (from post above). We used her last year and did a hillside villages of Luberon tour that was unbelievable. We went to Luberon, Roussillon, Gordes (google Gordes for great photos) and several other small villages. The crowds were low and the sights were wonderful. Our guide was knowlegeable and flexible in timing.

Amy

Can you give me an idea of length time for the tour and prices thanks.

• 2 years later...

If another fun couple wishes to share private tour day in Toulon--on August 11, 2013 --we would be open to it.

THe cost is around 450E for the car and private tour guide to see Sanary de Mer, Cassis, Bandol and some other stops..should be a beautiful day..also a chance to go by boat to see Calanqus....

Let us know if you are interested.... Van holds 6 but we would prefer 4 in total...

This should be posted on the roll call for your cruise.

If another fun couple wishes to share private tour day in Toulon--on August 11, 2013 --we would be open to it.

THe cost is around 450E for the car and private tour guide to see Sanary de Mer, Cassis, Bandol and some other stops..should be a beautiful day..also a chance to go by boat to see Calanqus....

Let us know if you are interested.... Van holds 6 but we would prefer 4 in total...

Archived