Dream foul smell

sdestiny

Go to the CC news page- there was an article discussing this, with discussion from Carnival, about 3 days ago.

It was on Jan. 4th.

Why must people make claims and then expect 'others' to have to research it.;)

I swear, I'm gonna have to go to a doctor and find out what's wrong with my nose. I didn't smell a thing (that smelled bad) on my January 9th Dream cruise. I've never been on a cruise where there was a bad odor.

No need for a doctor. According to this article maybe its because your a Schizophrenic, depressive, migraine sufferer, very-low-weight anorexic aging male who also smokes! Seems as if in many cases our sensitivity goes downhill, which is good for me as a aging male who sails the Dream in about 50 days, I know it won't affect me but all the 17 year olds going with us with that extra sensitivity might notice. Ah, one advantage to aging.

http://www.sirc.org/publik/smell_human.html

We sailed on the Dream 1/2 thru 1/9 and we also experienced the "smell" on various occasions. :eek: Is it bad enough to keep me from sailing again? Absolutely not! We LOVED the new cove balconies and will be booking these again in the future. :D

We experienced the smell around the pool, by the elevators and also in the hallways, with no rhyme or reason as to how long it would last or when it would occur. IMHO it is not bad enough to discourage anyone from sailing on this beautiful ship. It is not a constant, and as such ,should not be a determining factor to keep you from sailing on it. I think if you go with an open mind and forget what you have heard and just enjoy your vacation, you will be ready to book this ship again. Enjoy your voyage and please let us know your take on this when you get back. :)

It is silly to go on a cruise ship and not expect to catch a noxious odor every now and then. We were on the Celebrity Zenith. We loved it. I wish I could do it again. Sometimes the odor..bad. But then it goes. On HAL..the Westerdam when new. They had to close the theater one night..pipes broke. That was a bad smell. We went on the Westerdam again..Loved it both times. Second time..a whiff every now and then. You cannot transport thousands of people..and not get a whiff now and then. It is not often...usually unnoticable.....If you cannot tolerate the thought...perhaps your family should do a land vacation. Not in a camper though..smells there too. Not in a motel..unless every one has a private room. AND odors in the gas station restrooms..and in the Tourist bathrooms. Better just stay at home....by yourself. YOU could go..give Granny and the kids the time of their lives.....Your choice.

We just came off of the Dream (Jan. 9-16). Although there were certain times and areas we did get a whiff of the "smell", it passed very quickly or we would just be passing through an area and as soon as we walked by the smell would be gone. We had balcony cabins on deck 8 and had no problems relaxing out on our balcony without any smell. I do agree no one should have to smell this at any time but this certainly did not effect any part of our great cruise. Hope you go and enjoy your cruise!

We also had cove balcony 2414 (highly recommended) for the Jan. 23rd cruise and can also confirm there was a subtle smell that in our opinion was confined to port - mid ship - decks 1 and 2. (We have pictures!)

We'd walk through the area dozen of times a day and it didn't bother us.

In fairness to the guests in that area of the ship they might have a different opinion but it was really no worse than walking by the rooms with smokers.

Will share much more detail in the coming days but all in all this was a very enjoyable cruise for the 5 of us. Many of the challenges - difficulties documented from the early cruises have been resolved - most notably the food areas on deck 10. They've added/open so many food stations that the lines were non-existent for the most part.

Archived