ANGUILLA or ILET PINEL

jacksoncruisers

To get to Pinel Island you would take a taxi to the Cul-de-sac area and take a small ferry which takes only a few minutes and runs pretty much all day.

To get to Anguilla the cheapest way would be to taxi to Marigot and take the ferry. Make sure that you bring your pasports and leave with enough time to get through the traffic and make it to the ship with at least 30 minutes to spare.

Did Pinel last week. Cab was $25 for two ($9 each if you are three, $7 each for four or more) each way. There are no cabs waiting for your return so make prior arrangements with the driver who drops you off. The lady who drove us was very nice and was waiting for us on our return. The boat that goes to the island leaves every half hour starting at 10 am (although when we got there off the first boat there were a couple of tourists there already). The boat was $7 round trip and takes less than ten minutes. It is very small, they pack in tight and there are no lifejackets. You need to be able to climb into and out of it - I am not athletic and with a hand I was able to do it without much trouble. On the way back a passenger said she forgot something and dove into the water and swam back. We weren't far. At the island there are several bar/restaurants with chairs and umbrellas. Two chairs and an umbrella are $15. You can sit on the sand without additional costs. The unisex bathroom that I used was clean with running water in the toilet but no sink. I felt that the island (where the chairs were set up) was more crowded than I expected, but the Oasis was in town and I understand that combined there were about 15,000 cruisers, so this is probably the most crowded tourist day. The food was very good. Return boats every half hour until 5 pm. It was a nice day and I would do it again. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived