The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Shirley...I have friends leaving from Port Canaveral who will probably be staying at the Radisson, pre cruise...they are sushi lovers..any suggestions where to send them for dinner? I would love if the Radisson shuttle could get them there..so location is an issue. They are trying to avoid renting a car and will have a limo service drop them at the Radisson post flight to MCO.

Thanks.:)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! they are in the right place for right across the street is Thai Thai - they just cross the street and they are there - the decor is beautiful, the food is excellent - pricey but since they are the only ones in Cape Canaveral, they go for the high price.

I love and it is my favorite is Siam Orchid but that is all the way in Cocoa Beach - your friends will enjoy Thai Thai since they will be walking - PLEASE PLEASE tell them the highway is very very busy so to be extra careful .

Glad I could help

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! they are in the right place for right across the street is Thai Thai - they just cross the street and they are there - the decor is beautiful, the food is excellent - pricey but since they are the only ones in Cape Canaveral, they go for the high price.

I love and it is my favorite is Siam Orchid but that is all the way in Cocoa Beach - your friends will enjoy Thai Thai since they will be walking - PLEASE PLEASE tell them the highway is very very busy so to be extra careful .

Glad I could help

Thanks for the help!!!

I'm going to check and see if I am in their wills before I tell them about the traffic.;):p

Thanks for the help!!!

I'm going to check and see if I am in their wills before I tell them about the traffic.;):p

Bakin you are so funny and thanks for the chuckle anyhow there is a traffic light right to the North of the Radisson - the sushi place, traffic light, Radisson are thisclose :)

OMG You are talking about La Quinta on Henery St right? I LOVE LOVE that place well I did when I would take my granddaughter there sometimes on the weekend so we could have our play dates every few months - it is thisclose to the pier, we got the room that faced the ocean and would sit out there to watch the people play ball, surf, fish while eating junk stuff from the places/grocery stores. I have to go there every so often and still like the place. They have a great GM with quite the sense of humor and everybody needs that in this life. I went there one Sunday and the place had the greatest breakfast put out - I wanted to stay so bad, but that wouldn't have been nice - really? I believe you will really enjoy your stay - remember we don't have anything really fancy here, but for the time spent, it is nice - make sure you tell them you are from the board - they love to hear that.

Hope that helped some.

Have a great time getting ready for your vacation

Can you tell me if there are any stores in walking distance from this hotel to purchase soda and wine? Thanks.

Has anyone used Cocoa Beach Shuttle/Taxi lately? I will need transportation from the port to the airport only (disembarkment day). Do they offer this service, are they reliable, etc? I was sent some negative reviews from a friend and I am a little concerned. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

CB Shuttle has been on the opposite side of good reviews as of late. I'm going to use these folks, who've had decent reviews.

Beach Line Transportation

321-453-9660

http://www.beachlinetransportation.net

Can you tell me if there are any stores in walking distance from this hotel to purchase soda and wine? Thanks.

Mary - you are thisclose to Publix - look go to post #295 and you will find everything you will need to know - I am in the midst of getting a real good update on everything that is on post #295 that will help even more, but until then again read that particular posting.

CB Shuttle has been on the opposite side of good reviews as of late. I'm going to use these folks, who've had decent reviews.

Beach Line Transportation

321-453-9660

http://www.beachlinetransportation.net

Good choice and they are mom and pop owned and in case you need to check out others, go to post #295 for other choices.

I am getting ready to do a super duper update of post #295 which will help even more, but until then that post will help with ideas and choices besides your own

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY

Edited by snelsonbrown

Good choice and they are mom and pop owned and in case you need to check out others, go to post #295 for other choices.

I am getting ready to do a super duper update of post #295 which will help even more, but until then that post will help with ideas and choices besides your own

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY

we are pretty much set with using BEACHLINE too!!

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO SHIRLEY...looking forward to your SUPER DUPER UPDATE:D

After much discussion I think we have a plan for our upcoming August cruise. Now, I need help. We've cruised out of the area several times and have stayed in a different hotel each time.

We usually drive to Florida so we will have a car. However, we would like a hotel that is in walking distance or just a few blocks from good restaurants (we love seafood, Italian, pizza and Chinese). What are the suggestions? For price we prefer to stay under $100. (of course taxes will put it over.)

What do you suggest?

Shirley: We are staying at Quality Suites pre-cruise. It looks like the nearest supermarket is Winn Dixie, about 4 blocks away, and there appears to be a Walgreens about 3 blocks away. We just want a place to get last minute items (lotion, etc.) Can you confirm?

Also, what suggestions do you have for casual sitdown dining within walking distance of Quality Suites (we are arriving in mid-evening, so it will be about 9 pm before we can get to a restaurant).

We can't say enough about Mike at Executive Limousine. He did his absolute best to accommodate us. Unfortunately, the logistics and timing didn't work out this time. However, Lettie at Travelynx fixed us up with a group shuttle for MCO to Quality Suites, Quality to port, and port back to MCO. Very efficient, and very reasonable based on comparison shopping. Both of these were thanks to this site and both of them appreciated the referral when we mentioned it.

Thank you for a great service to us travelers.

Shirley: We are staying at Quality Suites pre-cruise. It looks like the nearest supermarket is Winn Dixie, about 4 blocks away, and there appears to be a Walgreens about 3 blocks away. We just want a place to get last minute items (lotion, etc.) Can you confirm?

Also, what suggestions do you have for casual sitdown dining within walking distance of Quality Suites (we are arriving in mid-evening, so it will be about 9 pm before we can get to a restaurant).

We can't say enough about Mike at Executive Limousine. He did his absolute best to accommodate us. Unfortunately, the logistics and timing didn't work out this time. However, Lettie at Travelynx fixed us up with a group shuttle for MCO to Quality Suites, Quality to port, and port back to MCO. Very efficient, and very reasonable based on comparison shopping. Both of these were thanks to this site and both of them appreciated the referral when we mentioned it.

Thank you for a great service to us travelers.

Hello and good morning Muskiebuck,

Quality Suites is nice and did you know it is sister to the Radisson and 4 Points? This gives you permission to use the facilities at either Radisson or 4 Points including their shuttles.

There are a couple of places you can go to sit, eat and relax - one is Brando's which is an Italian restaurant with excellent food and drinks - look on post #295 for the exact address - its about thisclose to the QS also when you go in, ask for Erin, tell her you are off this board and she will end your meal with a treat/dessert or if that isn't what you really want, you have IHOP that has casual meals and if you tell Libby who is the owner you are off the board, she also will offer a treat or drink etc.

Now as for picking up stuff for your cruise yes Walgreens and CVS are the place or you can go to Winn Dixie or even Beall's outlet and pick up just about anything you may need from the 4 places you decide to go to. You will be just fine in your choices.

As for Mike and Lettie aren't they great folks even though they work for different companies.

Guess that is what I like about the transportation companies that I put on the thread for each of them have been so darn nice to their guest and do try to be very accommodating.

Well for that fact, everyone/everybody are so great to work with - this is why I will not just recommend one person/ one place etc - the last decision is always up to folks.

Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't, but that is life in its works.

I really enjoy helping folks - I really enjoy being able to make sure folks feel safe when they are here - there are no hidden agenda's and no strings attached - just feels good to be able to help in some way.

Anyhow good luck and enjoy getting ready for your cruise :-))

we are pretty much set with using BEACHLINE too!!

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO SHIRLEY...looking forward to your SUPER DUPER UPDATE:D

Hey there Star,

I must have been out into space and didn't see your post - Beachline is another good choice and I know they will be fair with you. As I just posted, I really enjoy helping folks and it is a sincere pleasure to do so. As for the SUPER DUPER update, I am waiting for some information before I finish up with it.

TAKE CARE AND ENJOY YOUR CRUISE and if you have time, drop me a note a snelsonbrown at aol dot com and maybe we can have a few minutes of chat.

Chat with ya later

After much discussion I think we have a plan for our upcoming August cruise. Now, I need help. We've cruised out of the area several times and have stayed in a different hotel each time.

We usually drive to Florida so we will have a car. However, we would like a hotel that is in walking distance or just a few blocks from good restaurants (we love seafood, Italian, pizza and Chinese). What are the suggestions? For price we prefer to stay under $100. (of course taxes will put it over.)

What do you suggest?

Hello Temple

If you will go to post #295, it will give you all the answers you will need - it takes awhile to go through it, but by the time you do, you will be pleased

COME ON DOWN AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have posted twice prior regarding this same question with no response. We are new to this. We are cruising on the freedom and would like to visit kennedy space center before returning home. A few months ago there was a company called vip something doing transfers to mco/port canaveral/ kennedy space center at a reasonable price in towncars and limousines. This was a company that was recommended and we would like to please know the exact name and contact info. For them. Thank you very much

We have posted twice prior regarding this same question with no response. We are new to this. We are cruising on the freedom and would like to visit kennedy space center before returning home. A few months ago there was a company called vip something doing transfers to mco/port canaveral/ kennedy space center at a reasonable price in towncars and limousines. This was a company that was recommended and we would like to please know the exact name and contact info. For them. Thank you very much

Hello my friend,

Here you go and the owners are Michael and Marlene

EXECUTIVE VIP LIMOUSINE AND SEDAN

TOWNCAR SERVICE FOR UP TO 3 PERSONS IS $79 FROM ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO PORT CANAVERAL CRUISE SHIPS AND AREA HOTELS. LIMOUSINE SERVICE FOR UP TO 6 PERSONS IS $125 NO CHARGE FOR STORE STOP ALONG THE WAY FOR SODA,WATER,SNACKS ETC. ROUND TRIP TRANSPORTATION TO KENNEDY SPACE CENTER IS $59 FOR UP TO 3 PEOPLE IN A TOWNCAR AND $99 FOR UP TO 6 PEOPLE IN A LIMOUSINE. FROM PORT AND AREA HOTELS. ORLANDO THEME PARKS---NIGHTS ON THE TOWN---- ANY AND ALL OCCASIONS. CONTACT 321-505-0009 OR 321-452-6187 EXECUTIVEVIPLIMOUSINE.COM

Hello my friend,

Here you go and the owners are Michael and Marlene

EXECUTIVE VIP LIMOUSINE AND SEDAN

TOWNCAR SERVICE FOR UP TO 3 PERSONS IS $79 FROM ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO PORT CANAVERAL CRUISE SHIPS AND AREA HOTELS. LIMOUSINE SERVICE FOR UP TO 6 PERSONS IS $125 NO CHARGE FOR STORE STOP ALONG THE WAY FOR SODA,WATER,SNACKS ETC. ROUND TRIP TRANSPORTATION TO KENNEDY SPACE CENTER IS $59 FOR UP TO 3 PEOPLE IN A TOWNCAR AND $99 FOR UP TO 6 PEOPLE IN A LIMOUSINE. FROM PORT AND AREA HOTELS. ORLANDO THEME PARKS---NIGHTS ON THE TOWN---- ANY AND ALL OCCASIONS. CONTACT 321-505-0009 OR 321-452-6187 EXECUTIVEVIPLIMOUSINE.COM

Thank you so very much for this information. This was definately the company we wanted. I spoke with Michael and he gave us a fantastic deal on transportation including kennedy space center. Again we appreciate your help Shirley.

Thank you so very much for this information. This was definately the company we wanted. I spoke with Michael and he gave us a fantastic deal on transportation including kennedy space center. Again we appreciate your help Shirley.

That Michael is such a nice and polite young man - guess that is why I thought he would really be fair and nice to his guests - anyhow glad it worked out all for you -

Glad to hear you are going to KSC - with the shuttle program closing down, the history needs to keep going. I remember many many years ago of dragging my kids to the center when there was almost nothing and today they tell me how glad they saw it grow from nothing to what it is. It was free for many years and that is why my kids got to enjoy it so many times a month. Look for Freddy the alligator that has hung around the canals for years - sometimes he hangs out just to enjoy the sun and nope he has never ever had a problem with anyone but then noone ever bothered him cause I am sure he would have won the fight. The wildlife is really something to see if you are lucky.

OK said enough have a great time and enjoy your time with us :-))

Am taking NCL Gem from NYC in December and there are a few shore excursions from the ship. What I am trying to find out if, like in many Caribbean ports, there are independent operators offering excursions from the port. Also, if we wanted to take a taxi, is there anyplace nearby the port interesting to do (have already been to KSC). Looking at perhaps an airboat excursion--hate to book directly through NCL but that may be the only option. Was at this port a number of years ago, we rented our own car and it turned into a disaster!

Thanks.....

Hello Shirley,

I have a pre-cruise hotel with Country Inn & Suites next March but I'm looking at a port-cruise in Orlando since we want to go to Universal Studios. When I look into hotels the check in is late in the afternoon and the ship docks very early is there a hotel that does the early check in or they have a place that we can store luggages while we are at the Studios...Please help!!!!

Shirley, ran across this thread when I realized I was legging behind on my planning. At this point we are planning on driving the twenty plus hours to get to Cape Canaveral area. There will be seven of us all together. I am needing to entertain some ideas for new years eve. I have to book a hotel plus a good recommendation for some restaurants.Kids range from sixteen to twenty two. Plan is to have the entire day. I know winter is unpredicatble so scared of just hoping for beach.

I appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

UPDATE AND SOMETHING YOU MAY ENJOY SEEING -IT IS CALLED:

THUNDER ON THE BEACH

IT IS GOING TO BE HELD IN CAPE CANAVERAL AUGUST 20TH THROUGH THE 22ND

THUNDER ON THE BEACH and it,s a Space Coast Super Boat Grand Prix.

You can go to their website to get more information

http://www.superboat.com

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by snelsonbrown

Am taking NCL Gem from NYC in December and there are a few shore excursions from the ship. What I am trying to find out if, like in many Caribbean ports, there are independent operators offering excursions from the port. Also, if we wanted to take a taxi, is there anyplace nearby the port interesting to do (have already been to KSC). Looking at perhaps an airboat excursion--hate to book directly through NCL but that may be the only option. Was at this port a number of years ago, we rented our own car and it turned into a disaster!

Thanks.....

Good morning Robin,

OK if you will go to post #295, I have lots of stuff that are point of interest - The port is in the process of getting a go-ahead to build something on the port property that will offer excursions, gift shops, etc but that is a little bit away -meanwhile if you want an airboat excursion, it is listed on that post number and gives you all the information you would need.

Don't know why the rental car turned into a disaster, but things are so much easier now and that is all listed also on that post - EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING is listed and you can read it all at your leisure.

If you have anymore questions, just let me know ok?

Good luck with the planning

PS you will save monies if you read my post carefully

Hello Shirley,

I have a pre-cruise hotel with Country Inn & Suites next March but I'm looking at a port-cruise in Orlando since we want to go to Universal Studios. When I look into hotels the check in is late in the afternoon and the ship docks very early is there a hotel that does the early check in or they have a place that we can store luggages while we are at the Studios...Please help!!!!

Hello Canada - look write Bud the GM a note and explain to him exactly what you have posted here and knowing Bud Burch, he will be more than happy to help or advise you.

Write him at bud.burch@countryinns.com

He will answer you back

If you have any more challenges, just drop me a note

Good luck and enjoy

Hello Canada - look write Bud the GM a note and explain to him exactly what you have posted here and knowing Bud Burch, he will be more than happy to help or advise you.

Write him at bud.burch@countryinns.com

He will answer you back

If you have any more challenges, just drop me a note

Good luck and enjoy

Do you have another suggestions instead of Country Inn, cause i would like more to be in Orlando so i'm closed to Universal and Airport for the next morning.