Best Leather shops in Buenos Aires

Lets go already!

We shopped at Silvia y Mario. We did not have custom work done but heard about them from two separate sources (both returning clients who have had custom work done more than once).

One of the recommendations was posted on our roll call (Infinity, 4 Jan 09).

My Sister and I would like to get leather coats made in Buenos Aires. We would like to select the color, style and etc. and have heard that there are great leather good shops here. Has anyone any suggestions or experience with this?

Thank you!

My husband and I were referred to Bettina Rizzi leather shop by the Matri'd at the Hilton...and we had custom made jackets done in 2 days..they are beautiful...a real treasure.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from S.A. and bought a very nice leather jacket for our son in Buenos Aires at 666 Murillo. Take the red line train from Plaza del Mayo to Malabia station (20 pesos return for two persons) walk about 3 blocks, and you are in the leather district. Lots of shops to choose from. We paid $150 U.S. for a calf skin jacket. My 18 year old son was over the moon with his new jacket. Very fashionable and excellent quality.

Archived