newbie Qs booking Equinox for Ultimate Caribbean

rwadam

Hello. I am planning my first Celebrity cruise (have cruised RC and Princess). I have decided to book an 11-day ultimate caribbean on Equinox (very excited). I have a few questions and hope you can help. I have never used a travel agent and don't know anyone who has. Rather than trying to find a good TA I was just planning to book directly online with Celebrity. The online booking system looks pretty good. Any downside to doing it this way?

I realize that prices fluctuate depending on supply and demand and could go down but also (maybe likely) go up. If I book now and the price happens to drop before the final payment is due, will I also get the reduction or an onboard credit and, if so, is it automatic or do I need to keep monitoring and call them if I see a price drop?

I am planning to book Aqua class. Is it true that it is open seating at Blu? When I was surfing the booking system it asked to choose early or late seating even for Aqua class.

Thanks very much for your help! :)

Hello. I am planning my first Celebrity cruise (have cruised RC and Princess). I have decided to book an 11-day ultimate caribbean on Equinox (very excited). I have a few questions and hope you can help. I have never used a travel agent and don't know anyone who has. Rather than trying to find a good TA I was just planning to book directly online with Celebrity. The online booking system looks pretty good. Any downside to doing it this way?

I realize that prices fluctuate depending on supply and demand and could go down but also (maybe likely) go up. If I book now and the price happens to drop before the final payment is due, will I also get the reduction or an onboard credit and, if so, is it automatic or do I need to keep monitoring and call them if I see a price drop?

I am planning to book Aqua class. Is it true that it is open seating at Blu? When I was surfing the booking system it asked to choose early or late seating even for Aqua class.

Thanks very much for your help! :)

I use a TA so can't really comment on that question...but I have booked cruises while on board and then had them transfered to my TA. Since I book with a TA not sure how it works direct with Celebrity...but I monitor the cruise rates...and my understanding is that you will receive a refund...if the price of your cabin goes down...before final payment and after that in the form of a ship board credit.

While we have not sailed Aqua Class my understanding is that it is open seating in Blu and I have heard nothing but rave reviews of the food and service there.

Have a great time, no matter how you book! LuAnn

I always book with Celebrity and all cruises lines myself. I usually turn my reservation over to my TA at the time final payment is due. I due this because she then follows up on getting the final docs and gives me some OBC as a thank you. Once you turn the reservation over to a TA Celebrity will no longer talk to you.

On my Equinox cruise last October, the price dropped three times for my Sunset Veranda. I would just check the price on line every few days (especially Tuesdays) and I called Celebrity if I saw a price drop. They gave me the new price with no questions asked. Once final payment is made, you usually will not get any more price reductions. Occasionally they will give you some additional OBC.

Blu is open seating. Wonderful restaurant experience - intimate venue, food and presentation is great, and wait staff are fabulous and have a little more time with you than in the MDR.

We were Aqua class on the Equinox 10 day Caribbean on 12/14/09 and it was wonderful. The daily programs for that cruise can be viewed by clicking that cruise in my signature below.

Blu is open seating and even if your reservation gives a specific time, you can simply ignore that. You show up between 6 and 9 for dinner. Our travel agent always informs us of price drops and never pays for the entire cruise until the very end. She saved us $700.00 on our Equinox cruise last month by waiting.

Mike

We book directly with X, usually by phone with their internet site open to view cabins that might be suggested. Our last curise we changed cabins 3 times with only a quick phone call. I check the prices on line quite often, sometime daily if they seem to be moving and call X if I see a price drop. Our last cruise dropped once or twice before final payment and we got the lower rate. The price dropped substanitally after final payment and we got a nice onboard credit. In that case I took a quick look at lunch time and the price was the same. Checked again from home that evening and saw the lower resident price so you do have to keep checking. I also book the air with X initially and cancel before final payment if I find something on my own.

Mary Lou

Archived