Any one rent a harley while in St. Maarten?

Sabi48

Hi Havent done it but I have looked into this for our cruise this month.

2 I have found are -

http://www.h-dstmartin.com/rentals/ - this is the HD shop in Cole Bay - it says $150 per day rental

or

http://www.harleystmaarten.com/about-the-rides/ - this has guided rides (different types) usually approx 5 hrs long - not cheap ! - between $500-$700 for each

Hope this helps

I'm also intrested in renting a Harley. Where at? any details would be great!!
Where at?

In going over to Marigort on the French side, we passed the Harley shop and dealership

which strikes me as being about halfway in that journey.

Not at all sure if this puts it on the Dutch side or the French side :confused:

but it sure ain't in Philipsburg where the ship docks nearby

-unless they have an outlet there as well.

I have been to St Martin several times. I was advised not to do it from several of the locals due to horrendous traffic. I still have the desire, and one of these times I just might go for it anyway. Harley is on Union Road in Cole Bay. Across the street from the Orange Grove Shopping Center. Good luck, have fun and be safe!

Just something to think about....I have a Harley and ride it in my area often...Two things that keep me from renting one while on the islands...1-Your out in the hot sun, and it is HOT..2-You have no way to lock up anything you carry that may be stolen if left unattended...We take alot of cruises and alway rent a car for the airconditioning and locking items in the trunk...Just my 2cents...Have fun we do...Later:):)

• 1 month later...

:) Just to update - we did hire a Harley while in St Martin on the Victory cruise at the beginning of Feb

We just got a cab to Cole Hill and rented direct from the Shop $150 for the day plus $1000 hold as security on your Credit Card

We had a great time - the traffic was really busy from Cole Hill up to Marigot but once we got on the coast road from Marigot all the way down to Maho beach it was pretty quiet. The roads arent great - but not too bad. We stopped at Mullet Bay Beach for a few hours and also did about an hour each at Marigot - there was a market on there and Maho Beach - not many planes arrived due to the snow I think :( Also great views by Cole Bay !

Dont know how bad the roads are on the other side by Orient - we didnt go over that side.

We just took a small holdall which we strapped to the bike with a bungee (we used that normally to hold the balcony door open!) and took the holdall with us when we stopped anywhere.

I wouldnt recomend doing it if you are not already an experienced Harley rider/owner but for us it was one of our best days of the cruise.

Also just to let you know re previous post - lots and lots of posts on TA re theft from hire cars - do not leave anything in your car if you hire one - not even locked in the trunk - they have even been known to steal the spare tyre from the trunk in the space of a few mins :eek:

• 1 month later...

DH and I are seriously looking into doing this. We want to make a couple stops and we love cruising on his bike here at home so this option has certainly gotten the wheels in our noggins cranking. I'm ok with hot and humid to a point, we'll just have to make several stops as we tour around I think.

Dumb question and this is a somewhat older thread, but does anyone know if you get a map (or the option to purchase one) when you rent the Harley? Or should we come prepared?

~Lisa :p

St. Martin like most islands have only a handfull of main roads. But you will be given a map at your rental location. Just keep turning right and you will eventually circle the entire island and be back at the ship, lol...Have fun we do..

We rented a Harley at super bikes, which is the dealership in Cole Bay. We had fun for a little while, then kept getting a flat tire, eventually we gave up, they tried filling the tire with fix a flat. They did however refund our money:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I've been riding Harley for years now on St Maarten, can't beat this experience with anywhere else.

Of course riding in the traffic in Simpson Bay around the bridge opening time is no fun. Whether you are in car or a bike, although on a bike you can go to the front of the bridge and enjoy the yachts passing by.

The views, the colors, the smell of the sea, and the roads elsewhere are not to be missed. The Oyster pond road, Guana bay, the Low lands are an exquisite experience, I enjoy each and every time I pass there as if it was the first time.

When you have just some hours to spend on St Maarten a guided tour can be the easy way to get most of the Island experience. And if you are a rider do not miss the experience of being on a bike around St Maarten. The state of the roads are in very good shape now (2010) (other than around Cupcoy area). The car drivers on St Maarten usually are friendly towards bikes.

A turquoise sea in front of you, a roaring Harley under you and the smell of freedom around you, I would call this the ultimate experience.

Just my 2 cents.

SXM Rider

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know of any motorcycle rentals on the island other than Harley? Maybe a sports bike or something else- though not a scooter.

Maybe spyder rental? They market mostly 3 wheelers (two wheels in front) but have other bikes too.

http://www.sxmspyderrental.com/home.html

Every other place I've ever seen has just scooters and ATVs.