Labadee Beach - Barefoot Cabana or not?

southt00

Hi:

We are in a GS on our upcoming Indy cruise. Never been to Labadee before. We will be travelling with our 4 year old. We are very interested in renting a cabana.

We have loved our cabana in Half Moon Cay but they weren't segregated from the other cruisers or activities. It looks like the cabanas at Labadee are on a segregated beach away from the main activities. I suspect my DD would like to play in the splash pad area that they have for children. Would we be wasting our money renting one of these cabanas and then trekking over to the other beaches for activities?

Advice for a first timer please.

Thanks....T.

Hi:

We are in a GS on our upcoming Indy cruise. Never been to Labadee before. We will be travelling with our 4 year old. We are very interested in renting a cabana.

We have loved our cabana in Half Moon Cay but they weren't segregated from the other cruisers or activities. It looks like the cabanas at Labadee are on a segregated beach away from the main activities. I suspect my DD would like to play in the splash pad area that they have for children. Would we be wasting our money renting one of these cabanas and then trekking over to the other beaches for activities?

Thanks....T.

You would be well advised to request this asap as they are limited in #. Contact RCCL or TA however you booked your cruise to get your request to the Concierge..You will get a letter of introduction from him/her but perhaps by then it might be too late..Good luck & enjoy the GS..there great !!!!

Hi:

Thanks....T.

You have gotten advice above on how to rent a cabana. BUT I question how many children will be in the Barefoot Beach cabana area, as only people who have paid for cabanas are allowed in. I have not been able to find a map of the "new" Labadee but http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/r...CL_Labadee.pdf is an old map [scroll down to page 2 for the map]. The new dock is where Hideaway Beach used to be. To the right of that area you will see Barefoot Beach where the cabanas are now located. "Luc's Splash Bash" is #29 on the map. I THINK [i do not know as I have never been to Labadee with kids] that you may be able to check your child into Adventure Island kids program at the Splash Bash and have some time at the cabana by yourselves if you wish, but others will have to confirm what the status of the kids program is in Labadee. I can't tell you whether you would think you are wasting money renting a cabana, but I hope that the map at least gives you some idea how close things might be.

Thom

I think with a child that age you would be better off being close to the splash area. I can't remember how far it was from the cabanas but I don't think it's very close. There might not be many kids in the area of the cabanas.

If I was a 4 year old I'd want to spend all my time in the splash area with the other kids.

JMHO. Have a great cruise!

Archived