Celebrity Suite benefits?

Luckyroot

We are cruising on the Century 4/23/05 Western Caribbean. We're booked in the Celebrity Suite 1141.

I know that one of the benefits of a suite is having the butler deliver your meal course by course. My question is, when do you have to order this? What if our intention was to eat in the dining room, but we got back late from a shore excursion and didn't feel like rushing to get ready for dinner? (we have main/early seating) Can we just tell the butler we want dinner en-suite at that point and have a later dinner (ie around 2nd seating time) in our cabin?

I'm really looking forward to this cruise, and the benefits offered by the suite as well. But its only our 2nd cruise and I don't want our inexperience to show either!

thanks for any info you can provide, these boards are a wealth of information, and the people who post are just a wealth of information!

Yes, you can order anytime the main dinning room is open. You should call your butler ASAP as he has other suites to service and he must get order in ASAP. Don't wait until the last minute. Remember there are other places open for food until 12:00 PM and room service.

Our butler ordered the food from the dining room either at the beginning of first seating or the beginning of the late seating. He said that way it is the hotest. He also wanted the order before 3:00 in the afternoon. You need to plan early. You are also not served course by course. All except ice cream and you call when you are ready for it.

You can ask the butler to bring you each dinner menu in the morning. I would allso ask him/her what is the latest time you can order dinner to be brought into your suite. I would go by whatever he/she says because they have to work around all suites which they handle. No they do not serve course by course with the exception of deserts (I don't think they have the time). We have had butlers on two different sailings on Mercury. However, in our sky suite, when we had requested dinner in our room, the butler moved the small glass table to one side and rolled in a cart with dinner. The service was personal and great. OUr butler, a man from India, said that he works from 5AM to 10PM. He deserved the suggested tip for butlers and more.

When we wanted to have a special dinner in our suite we let our butler know well in advance, two days ahead of time, and it was served course by course and it was a great evening. Maybe the advance notice makes a difference. He also brought the menu in the afternoon and we made our selections at that time, it was every bit as good as in the dining room. Ditto JohnM about the tip and then some!!!

Archived