RCCL Ships Still Going to Private Island in Haiti

amybeth4

Maybe OP's point was that we're not talking about the earthquake/disaster enough here on the Carnival boards.

??

Shay

Well, if I wanted to talk about Disaster Relief or Haiti, I'd go post on CNN or another, similar site. I want to talk about cruising, so I post here. ;)

We could forgo one cruise this year and donate the fare to a Haitian relief organization.

We can also encourge the Haitians to come to Labadee and dine with us,they need the food more than us. I hope we are not the type donor who only means to donate from afar-- and not break bread with us.

Why are there armed guards around Labadee? Are the Haitians telling us we are not safe?

This was a weird posting. But, I for one, am glad RCCL is still going to Labadee and delivering supplies that can be taken to Port-au-Prince. My Dad usually goes to Haiti once a year for optometry missions and was scheduled to leave this Thursday. Unfortunately, they were unable to make new arrangements (partly b/c of flights, and partly b/c many members of the team weren't trauma/medical/diaster response) and he is heartbroken. I hope that in a few months they can go and help what will be a long process of recovery.

Archived