RCCL Ships Still Going to Private Island in Haiti

amybeth4

Hey Carnie cruisers. I just had to run over here for a second to catch my breath because of all of the non-stop posts about Labadee over on the RCCL boards.

::gasp...gasp:: :heart slowing down:: Wheeeeew.

Okay, I'm going back in. Thanks for the breather!

Hey Carnie cruisers. I just had to run over here for a second to catch my breath because of all of the non-stop posts about Labadee over on the RCCL boards.

:cool: Good for RCCL!!!:) Bringing money into Haiti, plus supplies!!:) What is your point????:confused:

Labadee is not an island it is part of the island of Haiti....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labadee

I applaud RCCL for continuing to go there and delivering relief supplies. I have been on that peninsula twice and liked it.....The Dragon's breath rock/coral formation at the ip of part of the area is really cool....

Labadee is not an island it is part of the island of Haiti....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labadee

I applaud RCCL for continuing to go there and delivering relief supplies. I have been on that peninsula twice and like it.....

:cool:I am agree Jeffie!!:) What are we to do???:confused: After a hurricane hits the USA quit sailing from that port??:rolleyes:

What a strange thread. Amazing how people want RCCL to stop doing Labadee and so put a few hundred people out of work.

Like that would help the situation.

However I was under the impression that Labadee was a separate island off the coast of the Dominican Republic.

My thoughts on it are this ... if people feel "wrong" or "disturbed" by going to Haiti and enjoying a beach day while a good bit of the country has been leveled and they're estimated 100,000 deaths ... well, they can stay on the ship and make it a sea day. I totally get why some people would feel that way. And I totally get why others would not feel that way. The fact of the matter is that the best thing RCCL can do is honor their contractual obligation to the government of Haiti, and bring in supplies that are desperately needed. I guess my bigger question is ... do they tender or dock at Ladabee?

My thoughts on it are this ... if people feel "wrong" or "disturbed" by going to Haiti and enjoying a beach day while a good bit of the country has been leveled and they're estimated 100,000 deaths ... well, they can stay on the ship and make it a sea day. I totally get why some people would feel that way. And I totally get why others would not feel that way. The fact of the matter is that the best thing RCCL can do is honor their contractual obligation to the government of Haiti, and bring in supplies that are desperately needed. I guess my bigger question is ... do they tender or dock at Ladabee?

Are you saying that people are different? :confused:

Yah, it's 100 miles away. There are larger alternate ports closer.

Considering they're bringing in aid to the DR and driving the six hours across the island ... but it's good to know there are closer alternatives. It was just an idle thought ...:rolleyes:

Archived