Alaska - which is best

VeggieCruzer

Between the two itineraries - 6 day from Vancouver, 7 day from Seattle - which is best and why?

DH and I want to go and see the glaciers, walk on them, see some wildlife, etc. Which is best for those? We can go at any time.

Because Carnival changed their Itineraries the best one would be there last one in Sep. That goes to Glacier Bay. Walking on Glaciers you would do this while you are in port at like Juneau.

Between the two itineraries - 6 day from Vancouver, 7 day from Seattle - which is best and why?

DH and I want to go and see the glaciers, walk on them, see some wildlife, etc. Which is best for those? We can go at any time.

We have CC Group going for the last sailing on the Spirit,

You can still get in on the Amenities, but we lost the guarantee pricing, not enough interest

(the 1st leader disappeared, so no one knew we were a group really) and Carnival took back the Cabins that were left.

We have 15 Cabins so far in the Group.

You can book it with the CC TA and be a part of the group, or just get the Amenities.

Here is a link, if you want to come with us. I hope you do, and then come visit and plan on the Official Chat page.

Or not, if you are not into that sort of thing, just get the great Amenities.

The CC TA will try and give you a discounted rate too,

or at least that is what she told me she was going to do for those who didn't get booked before Carnival took back the Cabins.

price.gif

For more information on this Cruise, click on our quick button

For Alaska try Princess or HAL one way cruises.

Bill

I should have mentioned, this is the sailing that goes to Glacier Bay

so you will being seeing the Glaciers from the Ship

but we also have a stop in Juneau, so that day you can take an excursion whale Watching and a trip to the Glacier.

I have not used them, but found this as I was searching out what I will be doing.

Not to mention as the New Leader, I was looking for stuff, so when it comes time and people start asking... I might have answer

I am not sure yet what we will be doing as this is my Husbands cruise, so we will be doing what he would like most. :D

But this looks good for those wanting to do both.

Mendenhall Glacier Combo

The Mendenhall Glacier and Whale Watching are two of the main attractions in the Juneau area. Doing these two options as a combo tour will allow you to be as efficient as possible with your time in Juneau.

The Mendenhall Glacier is an amazing sight to behold. The glacier is located in the center of the Mendenhall Valley, which is located between downtown Juneau and Auke Bay. You will have approximately 45 to 60 minutes at the Mendenhall Glacier. While you visit the glacier you may take photos, walk through the visitior's center, and search for wildlife (friendly Black Bears frequent the area).

Selecting the Mendenhall Glacier and the Whale Watching tour as a combo will allow you to make the most of your time in Juneau and experience two excellent attractions.

http://www.dolphintours.com/content/tours/Mendenhall-Glacier-Juneau-Alaska.php

Alaska is my dream cruise or at least one of many. It will be my first dream cruise to come true. We are hoping ot get there 2011 or 2012. It will be for our 10 year anniversary. It might also be our first cruise no kids. I wish the CC group was one year later and we could get on board. I just dont think we can afford it this year. We are also waiting til DS is 16 and has a his DL then he can stay with family and still drive to school if we go while schools in session. We live 15-30 mins from family close by.

Good luck planning your cruise. I have started to look at things but have not started planning it will only make me crazy to plan in advance

Alaska is my dream cruise or at least one of many. It will be my first dream cruise to come true. We are hoping ot get there 2011 or 2012. It will be for our 10 year anniversary. It might also be our first cruise no kids. I wish the CC group was one year later and we could get on board. I just dont think we can afford it this year. We are also waiting til DS is 16 and has a his DL then he can stay with family and still drive to school if we go while schools in session. We live 15-30 mins from family close by.

Good luck planning your cruise. I have started to look at things but have not started planning it will only make me crazy to plan in advance

I see you are getting on the Liberty as we are getting off. Our Liberty cruise is a CC Group too. Great prices...we promise to leave her better than we found her for your cruise :p

Sorry, now Back to the Alaska cruise talk....

Archived