Is Feb Training Month @ Carnival?

Cardinala

2008 I had a lady (don't remember her name) as a fill in CD on the Destiny out of San Juan.

2009 I had a first time CD who looked like Austin Powers, but lacked the personality. I was so excited to learn that I would have John Heald as CD aboard the Valor last year, until I got on the ship and found out a man who had already changed his name a couple of times was to be the CD for his first time.

Now I read that I will have another fill-in CD (Felippe Curato) on the Glory that nobody seems to have ever heard of before. On John's Blog it is Ryan Fitzgerald as the CD, but another poster has advised me otherwise.

This is getting out of hand. All of the info on here that I read about all of the great CD's Carnival has, and I never seem to get the chance to experience any of them. I know the CD doesn't make the cruise, but it is clearly apparent how nervous/awkward/by-the-book boring these temps are.

Is it possible that February is designated as "training month"? Next year I most certainly will choose a different month.

I think Iv been on Conquest 4 times and twice was a fill in. Once for a vacation and once for a family illness and the CD left suddenly (the Ike curise of all the times for someone clueless).

It never occured to me to designate Sept as fill in CD month. (2 out of 3 times were in Sept)

Actually Felipe will be the CD on the Freedom next month for our next cruise.

CD's are generally a young persons gig and they have to bring along the young ones.

We saw Josh Waitzman for his first time as acting CD and he was great.

Have seen good and bad over the years and the CD does not make or break the cruise.

Actually Felipe will be the CD on the Freedom next month for our next cruise.

CD's are generally a young persons gig and they have to bring along the young ones.

We saw Josh Waitzman for his first time as acting CD and he was great.

Have seen good and bad over the years and the CD does not make or break the cruise.

No, it does not make/break the cruise, but I believe after all of the stories that I have read, that it could greatly improve the whole cruising experience.

I think when things go wrong a CD can disfuse a bad situation and handle things better than someone who isnt experienced.

When asked if they could post a update to Ike's position the CD said, why?? Go sit in your cabin and watch CNN. When she announced New Orleans 12 hours before it got there, she claimed to not have a clue, that she was just told 5 minutes before and handed a piece of paper to read.

I wished we had the regular CD who could handle things with a little more finese and didnt act like "not my problem"

I think when things go wrong a CD can disfuse a bad situation and handle things better than someone who isnt experienced.

When asked if they could post a update to Ike's position the CD said, why?? Go sit in your cabin and watch CNN. When she announced New Orleans 12 hours before it got there, she claimed to not have a clue, that she was just told 5 minutes before and handed a piece of paper to read.

I wished we had the regular CD who could handle things with a little more finese and didnt act like "not my problem"

Very good point. Some years ago we had a serious problem on a RCCL ship and the captain was super in handling the problem and informing the passengers and crew as to what is going on. He even did a Q and A for the passengers to explain what happened.

Somebody on the ship must have the brains to handle an emergency situation and the clueless CD should have been put ashore after that.

Hmmmm...

I don't understand the fascination or interest in the CD anyway.

In all my cruising vacations over 32 years I cannot recall any CD with one notable exception. There was a CD a few years back that was so in love with the sound of his own voice he made WAY to many announcements over the PA...and they were WAY too long and WAY to loud...and very annoying.

I know the CD's position is so important and his job is a difficult one. Without his/her expertise, nothing would work right, for sure.

But, I don't care who he is.....

Hmmmm...

I don't understand the fascination or interest in the CD anyway.

I know the CD's position is so important and his job is a difficult one. Without his/her expertise' date=' nothing would work right, for sure.

But, I don't care who he is.....[/quote']

Ditto...

Archived