How much does the hairdresser cost?

catharina

Hi

reading in the daily news from MSC that I found on the web, I saw that a hairdresser is on board to make people pretty for formal night.

Any idea as to how much such a hairdresser would cost? Approx? Just for making a nice hairdo, no cutting or anything

The ladies on the Fashion Board will be better able to answer your question. I know a simple wash and blow dry runs around $35 USD for short hair, the price goes up for longer hair. For an updo, I think it is in the area of $50-85 USD, again depending on the length.

Hi

reading in the daily news from MSC that I found on the web, I saw that a hairdresser is on board to make people pretty for formal night.

Any idea as to how much such a hairdresser would cost? Approx? Just for making a nice hairdo, no cutting or anything

Last time I used the on board hair dresser for an updue I brought my own rollers and had washed my own hair so it was set and comb out pin up, the guy had not ever done an updo before and it looked like crap and I had to redo it in my cabin, I was charged $110. plus tip for that wonderful experience. and that was several years ago.

W-A-A-Y too much, and unless you're just have extra money to throw at someone, please pass up the salon! We have been on over 20 cruises and it matters not what cruise line you choose. The price is outrageous. I check on each cruise - just for fun - and have been quoted anywhere from $50.00 to $90.00 for a set and comb-out or wash & blow-dry :eek: ; that doesn't include a cut or any type of trim you may wish. And - on top of that, they will request or add a tip (gratuity)!!

Fortunately, I can do my own hair with a curling brush in about 20 minutes with no problem. I avoid spas and hair salons whenever I cruise - the pricing is just ridiculous. I can get a fantastic massage - with candles, music and 15 minutes afterwards to 'relax' before I have to dress & leave - right here in my own city for $55.00/hr. Good luck with that on board!! And all the while you're there, they are trying to sell you their products! Not my idea of a relaxing spa experience. Been there-done that...twice! Never again.

Trust me - on Formal Night - no one will remember your hair-do. Most folks don't even bother to dress up! We do - but we love experiencing the fun of dressing up on Formal Nights! Bring a good curling iron or curling brush; get a nice perm and/or cut before you leave, and you will look fantastic!

JMHO, of course!! Most of all - enjoy your cruise and save your money for the shore excursions and some extra fun on board.

Smooth Sailing!! :D

Hi Guys

Thanks for input. Will give the salon a miss, with those prices!

I just thought it would be nice to look extra nice on formal night to have our pictures taken with my father and mother, everyone lokking nie and happy and sparkly.

will try and do my hair myself (but I never do anything with it, so...must learn to be creative there LOL)

Thanks again!

Archived