Adventure Ocean

dcherry

When we were on board we were not given one but they did say for infants they did have them to give out. I have the feeling that at some point they would, I am not sure if they just hadn't received them yet or they weren't working.

They do have them for the babies and maybe for the Aquanouts. My DD started out as Explorer and by that time she didn´t speak or understand much English. So we left a two way radio at the AO just in case they do have a language problem. It was never used and I had problems getting her out by 10 pm.

steamboats

How do they work this? On the Disney cruise they gave us these beepers in case the kids wanted us to come and get them. Does RC do the same?

DCherry - we have done Disney before, and got back from Oasis this morning. Both cruises we used the nursery. Anyway, in the Oasis nursery (6-36 months, and exellent by the way), they gave us this cool cell phone that works with the regular phone system in the ship. We could even call our room with it, or my wife could call me from a hallway phone in the ship with it. Anyway, the point of the phone was that the nursery could call us if our kids needed to be picked up (which did happen once). The system is very cool and didn't cost anything extra, but you are liable for $300 if you lose it.

Thanks for the replys but I'm more interested in the older kids (7-10)? What do they do if the child wants to go back with their parents or if there is some emergency if there is no beeper? I mean, it's a big ship, they certainly can't track me down by walking around looking for me.

dcherry,

No, there are no beepers for the Explorers (6-8y) or Voyagers (9-11y). As for the Voyagers parents usually can decide whether the kids are allowed to sign in/out on their own or should be picked up by adults only (you have to write down the names and cabin # for each person who is eligable to pick up your kid).

I´ve never chosen the self sign in/out option before and usually I had a problem getting DD out of Adventure Ocean.

There´s one option you might consider: You can rent a Royal Connect phone (which is actually an Iphone working on board only) for $17.50 per cruise. So if your kid wants to leave talk to the AO staff that they should call you.

steamboats

dcherry,

No, there are no beepers for the Explorers (6-8y) or Voyagers (9-11y). As for the Voyagers parents usually can decide whether the kids are allowed to sign in/out on their own or should be picked up by adults only (you have to write down the names and cabin # for each person who is eligable to pick up your kid).

I´ve never chosen the self sign in/out option before and usually I had a problem getting DD out of Adventure Ocean.

There´s one option you might consider: You can rent a Royal Connect phone (which is actually an Iphone working on board only) for $17.50 per cruise. So if your kid wants to leave talk to the AO staff that they should call you.

To give you an impression of the AO facilities check here. Scroll down to the end for the photo gallery. Click on the translate button on the upper right to get a google translation of the text.

steamboats

Archived