which pier Fortuna at Coz?

stevecolchester

I'm sure this is no help but I just returned today from the Fortuna. Whatever pier we docked in Cozumel was by far the best port we went in. The shopping is good, their is a lot of entertainment, it was really nice and seemed new... very well maintained.

I'm sure this is no help but I just returned today from the Fortuna. Whatever pier we docked in Cozumel was by far the best port we went in. The shopping is good, their is a lot of entertainment, it was really nice and seemed new... very well maintained.

Hi Bird67, good to hear you just came from the Fortuna W. Caribbean sailing. Did the ship stay on the original port time, when it got to Cozumel?

For those ports where you docked, did you have to get back to the ship 1/2 hr before sailing, or 1 hr before?

Thanks.

The ship left on time at each stop. Only once did we maybe get delayed a little with the over head announcements of passengers names who must not have boarded on time.

We always went back on the ship 1 hour prior to departure.. it just seemed to work out that way.

It's too bad Costa has such short port times. That was my only complaint of the cruise (other than people needing to learn some elevator etiquette)

We always went back on the ship 1 hour prior to departure.. it just seemed to work out that way.

It's too bad Costa has such short port times. That was my only complaint of the cruise (other than people needing to learn some elevator etiquette)

Yes the time at several ports seemed short. A couple of hours shorter than a similar Carnival cruise, but I guess that's another reason why Costa is a little cheaper.

So you got back on ship 1hr prior to departure. But did the ship require you to be back 1 hr, or 1/2 hr prior to departure, at the ports where you dock?

You know I really dont recall. I remember when we would leave the ship there was a sign that read "This ship departs for XXX at 2PM" or whatever the end time for that port was.

I do remember the ship left at 3 from Grand Caymen and the last tender was at 2:30. Sorry, we never pushed it so I really did not pay attention. Ps. If you dont want to have a longer wait time to get off the ship at Grand Caymen go down the the Rex right at the start and get off. We had no wait while others in our party went an hour or so later and had to wait almost an hour.

You know I really dont recall. I remember when we would leave the ship there was a sign that read "This ship departs for XXX at 2PM" or whatever the end time for that port was.

I do remember the ship left at 3 from Grand Caymen and the last tender was at 2:30. Sorry, we never pushed it so I really did not pay attention. Ps. If you dont want to have a longer wait time to get off the ship at Grand Caymen go down the the Rex right at the start and get off. We had no wait while others in our party went an hour or so later and had to wait almost an hour.

Ah, if the last tender is 2:30pm, for ship leaving port at 3pm, that means getting back to ship 1/2 hr before would be fine.

This is important because at Nassau, the scuba trips run at 9am. They can get me back to port by 1pm. If the ship allows you to get back on, 1/2 hr before, then even if we are late by a few minutes, as long as we are back by 1:30pm, it should be fine.

Archived