Question about the Diamond Princess Restaurants

rkmw

i have noticed on the Diamond Princess they have four theme restaurants and one being the Santa Fe (Southwestern)....what is southwestern please

rkmw

Hi rkmw,

I think the term I would use is "Tex Mex".

The names of the the four anytime dining restaurants on the Diamond have more to do with the decor of each than their menu. Having said that, although all the restaurants have the same menu each has a signature dish, in fact, Santa Fe has two.

In Santa Fe you get a bowl of guacamole and corn chips when you sit down and you can also order beef or chicken fajitas for your main course.

In the Vivaldi restuarant their special dish is Osso Bucco

In the Savoy I think it is a pork chop and in the Pacific Moon it is a seafood noodle stir fry...I think. The waiters don't always tell you so you must ask on your first visit.

I have had the guacamole which is ok, and the fajitas which were just so-so.

The other thing is that you can order any of the signature meals from any of the restaurants. So if you really liked the osso bucco in Vivaldi then you can order it even if you are in one of the other restaurants.

Also, when you are choosing from the menu and, for example, there are two appertizers that sound good to you, you can ask for them both. Same applies to main courses too.

Just pack the elastic waisted clothes!

cheers

Stuart

Hi rkmw,

I think the term I would use is "Tex Mex".

The names of the the four anytime dining restaurants on the Diamond have more to do with the decor of each than their menu. Having said that, although all the restaurants have the same menu each has a signature dish, in fact, Santa Fe has two.

In Santa Fe you get a bowl of guacamole and corn chips when you sit down and you can also order beef or chicken fajitas for your main course.

In the Vivaldi restuarant their special dish is Osso Bucco

In the Savoy I think it is a pork chop and in the Pacific Moon it is a seafood noodle stir fry...I think. The waiters don't always tell you so you must ask on your first visit.

I have had the guacamole which is ok, and the fajitas which were just so-so.

The other thing is that you can order any of the signature meals from any of the restaurants. So if you really liked the osso bucco in Vivaldi then you can order it even if you are in one of the other restaurants.

Also, when you are choosing from the menu and, for example, there are two appertizers that sound good to you, you can ask for them both. Same applies to main courses too.

Just pack the elastic waisted clothes!

cheers

Stuart

hi Stu, in the Pacific Moon do they have chinese dishes like curried prawns and rice or similar

rkmw

Having those four Restaurants for Anytime Dining is fantastic.

On our cruise though, Vivaldi was used for an extra Traditional First Sitting venue, then opened up at 8.15 for anytime.

I dont know if all the Princess ships do that....

perhaps they adjust to suit the demand.

hi Stu, in the Pacific Moon do they have chinese dishes like curried prawns and rice or similar

rkmw

Hi I'm not Stu but I can answer your question. No curried prawns that I saw in Pacific Moon , but the menu changes daily and as others have said all have a signature dish. I had the Osso Bucco (Vilvaldi) and also the prawn and scallop noodle stir fry (Pacific Moon). My personal favourite for decor was Vivaldi. Also on deck on sea days the have a themed lunch up there eg: Asian, Mexican, seafood and a fruit and pasties, so look out for the Asian one and you might get a mixture of Asian dishes there.

My personal favourite for decor was Vivaldi.

Same here.

We ended up going there most nights, in fact the Maitre de would see us coming and say your table is waiting , just go ahead Sir.

It was neat having the same waiters each night too.

You are more likely to get different cultural meals at the on deck lunches they do a variety including asian, sushi, mexican etc. a different country each time.

The food in all the dining rooms are the same as the main dining room except for the speciality restaurants, sabatinis and the steak house.

Archived