walking laps

betmust

When I am on a cruise, I like to get up early morning and walk. I will be on the Solstice in April and wondered how many laps to a mile? I was on the Eurodam last March and 3 laps were a mile.

Anybody know??

Thank you

Bette

The walking track is short on the Solstice. I believe it took 6 laps to make a mile. One bad thing about the track is that it crosses one of the outdoor smoking areas. I held my breath going through it! If you get up early, it probably won't be a problem but I think it was poor planning on Celebrity's part

When I am on a cruise, I like to get up early morning and walk. I will be on the Solstice in April and wondered how many laps to a mile? I was on the Eurodam last March and 3 laps were a mile.

Anybody know??

Thank you

Bette

Almost our only regret or criticism about the Solstice class ships is they don't have a wrap-round promenade deck. The only place to walk is up above the pools.

On Solstice and Equinox, we still choose to walk the promenade. It is short and we did 8 laps guessing it was close to a mile. It does require you to walk across the inside of the ship in two spots (in front of the Celebrity theater elevator and in front of the Ensemble lounge staircase). With doors that open automatically, it doesn't slow you down and I actually think it's better walking since you don't have to navigate through deck chairs that you do on their "assigned" walking track.

You do have to go past a short part of the smoking area on the port side but it was never bad when we walked late in the afternoon.

I agree....the only things Solstice/Equinox are missing are a wraparound promendade and a T-pool!

Anyone know how many on the Summit ??

M Class have the nicest track of all the Celebrity ships as it is longer - 5 laps to a mile. Also, only about 1/3 of the path is near the pool (on the deck above) and the rest is along less crowded areas towards the aft.

Archived