Early Saver Question

Lizzzys

Actually, my PVP finally pulled off a one time small OBC. The senior rate IS was $30 pp cheaper than what I paid, and I think it was the past guest or another the next day was $50 pp lower. 4E was the lowest insides to book, so I knew I would be moved to at least that much, and she finally argued enough to get me moved with a small OBC, but not the $50 pp. I just let it go. ... but I still think the $50 pp OBC move to a IS from a 1A makes sense, but not to Carnival. They told her it was a one time deal, that this wasnt their policy, that you cant price match to a guarantee. (they didnt mention what Ken said you could to a higher level guarantee). We asked for the policy in writing but gave up. That was on Triumph. Out of Galveston, I probably will never have a price drop.

Not to steal the thread, but just to ask an ES question: why would CCL have an ES price, then remove it the next week? I booked Xmas/NYE 2010 on Dream. Paid a fairly high price, as compared to other Xmas/NYE/ regular cruises I have been on. 2 weeks later, my friends wanted to jump on. The CCL website showed no ES rate - so they called Carnival, and, sure enough, the ES rate was not being offered. This is for a cruise 11 1/2 months away!:eek: Would they have removed it cause the cruise is booking up quickly? The price I paid has gone up more than 25% - in fact, I have never seen a CCL cruise out of Florida with such high prices. No way I am getting any price drop.:(

We are looking at booking a 2011 cruise as well.

With the Early Saver program, I'm assuming that it can't be used with the "pack and go" rates as they are guarantees and specific categories can't be booked (only inside garantee, etc).

Can someone verify if this is true.

It may be Carnivals way of offering low rates close to sailing while ensuring that the Early Saver cruisers can't benefit from these discounts.

If you're already booked Early nSaver, if Guarantee (including Pack and Go) Category (OV, BL, ST) above your Category drops to/below your Early Saver fare, you can "upgrade" to the Guarantee, but you have to release your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin. ken

Not to steal the thread, but just to ask an ES question: why would CCL have an ES price, then remove it the next week? I booked Xmas/NYE 2010 on Dream. Paid a fairly high price, as compared to other Xmas/NYE/ regular cruises I have been on. 2 weeks later, my friends wanted to jump on. The CCL website showed no ES rate - so they called Carnival, and, sure enough, the ES rate was not being offered. This is for a cruise 11 1/2 months away!:eek: Would they have removed it cause the cruise is booking up quickly? The price I paid has gone up more than 25% - in fact, I have never seen a CCL cruise out of Florida with such high prices. No way I am getting any price drop.:(

ES fares are retracted 3 months before sailaway on shorter cruises and 5 months before sailaway on longer cruises. They are also retracted when all the cabins identified for Early Saver booking have been booked. ken

ES fares are retracted 3 months before sailaway on shorter cruises and 5 months before sailaway on longer cruises. They are also retracted when all the cabins identified for Early Saver booking have been booked. ken

Thanks for that answer. We are 11 months away from this sailing. I am amazed all the ES cabins are booked, but even more amazed that the 8A cabins are going for around $2,000 pp for passengers 1/2 and over $1,000 for 3/4.

Archived