Solstice: Lounging in the grass

fungo

My wife and I are looking forward to spending a little time on that grass the Solstice is dedicating so much deck space to. Thinking perhaps laying in the grass while reading and maybe laying in the grass at night to do a little star gazing.

To those who have been on the Soltice/Equinox my questions are these:

1) Will this be tolerated by the crew or is the grass too sacred a place to lay :P

2) Will we look like a couple of loons or is lounging on the grass something people do on these boats?

Seems a shame to have so much cool soft grass on the deck and just use it for putting and bocce.

I have seen people lounging on the grass on both Solstice and Equinox. Not many, but a few occassionally. I personally wouldn't do it, but you could if you wanted to. There are sometimes people playing games on it too, so keep that in mind - you don't want to get whacked with a croquet ball or something, lol!

The posted rules of the Lawn Club say not to walk on it with heels or to drag furniture onto it. & if you want to sit and read, there are some nice wicker chairs by the aft part of the grass.

On Solstice Holiday cruise in nice weather many people lay on towels on the grass. Made it feel like a park in Europe. The bocce players were in the center of the lawn, and the sun worshippers on the sides. Plenty of room for all. This area, combined with the glass blowing show, and the comfortable wicker chairs, was a big hit :)

Archived