Just got my confirmation invoice...need a little advice

Booked a cruise, leaving Miami on the 26th December 2010(liberty of the seas EC). We didn't have any paper work till now, it says that we will be getting to Miami on the 25th December and staying at the Wyndham miami airport hotel, does anyone have any info on this hotel, I'm a bit worried about the food situation on Christmas day, it sounds like this hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so getting cabs etc may be hard. Any info would be great, especially if anyone went this year and knows how it works?? Thank you xxxxx

I wouldn't worry too much. Looks like a nice hotel and they have restaurants on-site. In Miami, getting a cab and finding food should not be difficult...even on Christmas day!

I am curious though...did you book a package from RCCL? You don't have to do that. Booking your own air, hotel and ground transportation is much less expensive. It is probably not too late to cancel those services and make your own arrangements. Lot's of advice on this board. :)

Booked a cruise, leaving Miami on the 26th December 2010(liberty of the seas EC). We didn't have any paper work till now, it says that we will be getting to Miami on the 25th December and staying at the Wyndham miami airport hotel, does anyone have any info on this hotel, I'm a bit worried about the food situation on Christmas day, it sounds like this hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so getting cabs etc may be hard. Any info would be great, especially if anyone went this year and knows how it works?? Thank you xxxxx

You can find some information on this hotel on the Florida homeports board. We will be at the Wyndham ourselves in mid February (Celebrity have booked us a day room there before we board our late flight home) and from what I understand the hotel is AT the airport so getting a cab won't be a problem...but hopefully someone local may be able to help regarding restaurant openings etc on Xmas Day.

Thanks guys for all your help and suggestions, I was only worried because it's christmas day when we arrive, but if things will be open then it shouldn't be that bad. (we wont starve.....may even work out better for the cruise-eat more!!)

I plan on bringing on some water can I get it from a nearby shop on the boxing day?? xxx

Thanks guys for all your help and suggestions, I was only worried because it's christmas day when we arrive, but if things will be open then it shouldn't be that bad. (we wont starve.....may even work out better for the cruise-eat more!!)

I plan on bringing on some water can I get it from a nearby shop on the boxing day?? xxx

Thought you might be English,then the Boxing day reference confirmed it, boxing day is not celebrated in the US, so it just a normal day, you will have no problems at all!!

If you can cancel the hotel without penalty (the rules are different for UK travellers), I suggest that you investigate other hotel options. We have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Miami, and friends of ours love the Intercontinental Hotel, both in downtown Miami. They are close to the port, and close to the pre-cruise shopping you'll want to do, so you won't have to have a cab wait for you while you run into the store (the meter keeps running). The Intercontinental is within walking distance of Bayside (I think that's the name of it), which is a fun little shopping area. I should think it would be fun to do a bit of exploring the morning of your crfuises, which you won't be able to do if you've got all your bags in a cab.

I always find it a bit depressing to stay at an airport hotel, and being there on Christmas Day would make it worse. The anticipation of your cruise may override that, though. :)

Also check out the cost of airfare from the UK - you may be able to find it for less money and have a more convenient schedule.

Actually, you are right in the middle of everything. It will be very easy to take a cab to Coral Gables, Miracle Mile for shopping and restaurants. There are several REALLY UPSCALE hotels in the area where you are staying that will have delicious Christmas dinners. You are also very close to 8 street where you find a lot of great Cuban restaurants.

Another thing to bear in mind is that RCCL use several different hotels and they could change it between now and sailing. Our original confirmation showed the Wyndham pre and post cruise but about 6 months out they changed it to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for the pre cruise stay...

I'm going to do my research into this hotel first, before I change my booking and think I will call travel agent to see if I can have a choice of hotels. It is the Christmas day thing that may bother myDH, so I'm trying to make this better for him, the next day will be fine, but its the travelling on Christmas Day and then going to a hotel room without a proper meal, any ideas for good italian places to eat? xxx

I do not know why you are so worried. The Wyndham will have a FABULOUS buffet Christmas dinner. It wil be very convenient and delicious after your drive. Check out the dining options for you at this link. http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MIAAP/dining/main.wnt

The hotel is NOT at the airport. It is near the airport in an area that has several upscale hotels. I know Miami well. You have nothing to worry about. You are by the expressway. It will take about 15 - 20 minutes to get to the port from this hotel.

Archived